Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

What I love most about my Q5

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 09:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What I love most about my Q5

Hey all,

I recently read through the thread "what are your gripes about the Q5" and saw the 20,000+ views it has, and thought to myself "why not post a thread asking what people love most about their Q5's?" So here goes, what do YOU love most about your Q5, even if you don't own one.

What do you think Audi did well on? What do you love about your Q5 that you take for granted? What makes you smile when you climb into it in the morning?

I for one love how smooth the ride is at any speed, and how the cabin is so quiet you can whisper to the person next to you. I especially like the MMI system; I told my salesperson if they couldn't get me a Q, just get me a bicycle with one of those mounted on it . Also, I have no idea how I ever got by without that smart key - my hands are the car keys! And of course, I never fail to find a grin on my face when I (as I tap the key in my pocket) press 'unlock' at night and those gorgeous LEDs light my path.

So tell me - what do you love most about your Q5?
Old 10-02-2011, 09:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

We have only had the car for a few days now but....
--The smart key is great.
--Back up camera is really good. Much better than the one on my Chevy truck.
--Great quiet ride.
--2.0 is surprisingly snappy
--All the tech is great.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I love the Q5 because it's just about the right size with enough passenger room and enough cargo room. Before I bought the Q5, I also looked at RX350 and GLK. RX350 is a little bigger than the Q5 but it's not as fun or nimble to drive. GLK doesn't have enough cargo room and when I sat in the 2nd row, my knees are almost touching the front seat. So that's why I ended up with the Q5

The new BMW X3 has almost identical dimensions as the Q5, but at the time when I bought the Q5, the X3 weren't out yet.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Best way I can say it is....
Driven BMW for last 10 years(still own one) but last 3 new cars have been Audi's.
Have had Q5 as my daily driver last 3 yrs, love it so much that I'm trading it in on a new Q5 spec'd exactly how I want!
Great value comparing features, looks fantastic and has a sporty yet not jarring ride.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The lines of the car are what interested us...
that "crouched" rear roof line sets it off !

The 8 speed has to be my favorite trans. out of the 20 or so cars I've gone through now that it's changed to display D1-D8 and I've decided I have gotten over that shifting thing
Old 10-03-2011, 05:30 AM
DrV
AudiWorld Senior Member

I love a LOT about it and a lot of those are little things . . .

- LED DRL's
- Adaptive, auto-levelling Xenon's
- Headlight washers
- Exterior styling in general
- Quality of finishing, great interior
- Metal, flush roof bar tracks
- Size of the sunroof
- "Perfect size" interior
- MMI system, DVD player, great sound system, SD card slots
- Ambiance floor lighting (adjustable with VAG-COM)
- Ride and handling +++
- Smooth powertain (3.2L)
- Auto dimming side and rear view mirrors
- Heated seats (front and rear in Canada)
- Side-by side cupholders
- Convenience entry keyless start
- iPod integration and Bluetooth
- That I can tweak settings with VAG-COM
- Very comfortable seats, front & rear, especially on long trips
- Accurate, easy to use cruise control
- Many, excellent built-in safety systems
- Still feels new after 2 years, still looks great after 130k km
- Perfect mix of utility, luxury and sportiness
Old 10-03-2011, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ok, so this post will shock a number of forum members coming from me but here goes anyway!

1. Exterior styling

2. Interior fit and finish

3. LED running lights

4. Gauge Cluster and Instruments

5. Center consoles MMI controls (while I feel the Nav leaves a lot to be desired I have gotten quite used to the scroll wheel and corner buttons, feels very intuitive to me now).

6. Tight steering and handling

7. Advanced Key is great

8. Perfect dimensions inside and out

9. Pano Sunroof

10. Safety features
Old 10-03-2011, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DrV
- Heated seats (front and rear in Canada)
OH GOD aren't they great? I go skiing with friends a lot and it is IDEAL, plus they don't claw at my doors to fight for shotgun

Originally Posted by tridentnyc
Ok, so this post will shock a number of forum members coming from me but here goes anyway!
Haha c'mon, I'm KNEW there was something you liked about the car! After reading that thread I posted this, funny enough.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BirdmanQ5
Haha c'mon, I'm KNEW there was something you liked about the car! After reading that thread I posted this, funny enough.
To be honest, I'm tired of being a complaining douche, which I have been. I've loved the car for a few years now from afar and will be damned if I don't now that I actually own one. I just need to frickin' lighten up...for real!!
Old 10-03-2011, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tridentnyc
To be honest, I'm tired of being a complaining douche, which I have been. I've loved the car for a few years now from afar and will be damned if I don't now that I actually own one. I just need to frickin' lighten up...for real!!
Nah it's alright, this is why we have forums - to DISCUSS! Whether that is to praise or to gripe. Honestly, it's just post-purchase cold feet. A car is a big purchase, and once you get over the pre-purchase cold feet you get it, then you feel obligated to love it. I myself look at mine sometimes and think "should I have bought the A4 or S4?" But then I remember that I can look up through my giant panoramic, sit up much higher, and there's just something so fresh about a good looking Q5 that makes it stand out from the standard entry level Audis. You'll love the car, just remember what made you look at it in the first place.