Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

What are your gripes about the Q5?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hmn4858
Either way, the button has to be held on mine.
+1 same for me. no matter what I try I have to hold the button.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by john1r
Mine you dont have to hold. I think its the prestige package with the keyless start option that does it.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

You have to do it before a cold start, say, when you just unlock the car in the morning, open the door, adjust the seat by pressing the correct number once before closing the door. If you close the door and open it again to adjust, you'll have to hold the button down. I don't have Prestige, just a P+ with no NAV.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by john1r
I believe it's a safety issue for it to operate this way. In case you're driving and press it by accident, it will not automatically go to another accident and cause an awkward driving position with different mirror settings. It's the same way on my BMW 335. At first I thought it was annoying too coming from an Acura in the past, but I think it makes sense to do it this way.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by palmxp3
I believe it's a safety issue for it to operate this way. In case you're driving and press it by accident, it will not automatically go to another accident and cause an awkward driving position with different mirror settings. It's the same way on my BMW 335. At first I thought it was annoying too coming from an Acura in the past, but I think it makes sense to do it this way.
plus 2! my bimmer is the same and i prefer it. the Lexus was a one touch and one time i touched it and the seat went all teh way back and i could barely touch the pedals!
Old 03-01-2011, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

For those with Prestige and Advanced Key, there's no way to lock the car when you close the hatch other than pressing the key, right?
Mercedes has separate close and lock buttons in their Keyless-Go-equipped cars. This makes a lot more sense to me, since the whole point of Advanced Key/Comfort Access/Keyless-Go is to be able to leave the fob in your pocket...and yes, I know you can walk to the rear doors to lock!
Old 03-01-2011, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 139 Likes on 93 Posts

Mine is P+ MY10. 1 touch seat adjust without key in ignition works from cold start as another poster mentioned. Also a nice feature is the key remembers the seat settings. When my wife opens the Q with her key the seat auto moves to her settings immediately. As long as she locks the car with her key it remembers where her seat was every time. Then when I open with my key it moves to the seat position from when I last used my key to lock the vehicle.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

plus 2! my bimmer is the same and i prefer it. the Lexus was a one touch and one time i touched it and the seat went all teh way back and i could barely touch the pedals!
Old 03-01-2011, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Totally agree with that but it would be nice if it recognized the vehicle in park and then switched to one touch. I never use it anyways.

One thing that would be nice would be the seat going back when you turn off the car. I have to watch it when I get out so I don't hit my knee on the steering column. Some of the perils of being vertically challenged.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a 2011 P+. My car has to be off AND the door open for the one-touch feature for seat adjustment to work. If the door is closed I have to hold the button down. If the car is on I have to hold the button down.

I am pretty used to this now as I always put my seat all the way back when I get out. Without even thinking about it I unbuckle my seatbelt, turn off the ignition, open the door, and push and release the #2 seat adjustment. When I get in I sit down, push and release the #1 seat adjustment, close the door, start the ignition, put on my seatbelt. It's all muscle memory now.

Quick Reply: What are your gripes about the Q5?