Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

What are your gripes about the Q5?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the "key fob" tie to a memory setting? For instance, would my fob set the seat for me when I unlock the vehicle and set it for my wife when she uses the other fob to unlock?
Old 03-02-2011, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rktcyntst
Does the "key fob" tie to a memory setting? For instance, would my fob set the seat for me when I unlock the vehicle and set it for my wife when she uses the other fob to unlock?
There is a setting in the car/setup menu that enables that. But i think i had to enable it for each key (meaning start the car with my key, set the setting to on, then lock the car, then unlock/start the car with wife's key and set the setting to on). It doesnt move your seat or mirrors until you open the driver's door.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You do have to enable it for each key in the MMI. The settings for where the seat and mirrors are aren't saved to the key until the car locks. I don't know what it's like for the non-prestige models, but the prestige models also store radio settings, climate control settings, and other information to the key when it locks as well. If the key memory setting is activated everything will return to the settings associated with the key used to unlock the car the next time.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Not being able to turn off the radio is my biggest complaint about my Q5. You can only mute it but then it defaults to unmuted whenever you start the car. The only workaround I've figured out is to switch the MMI to Media and not have any media in the MMI. That way when the car starts, there is nothing to play so its "off".
Old 03-03-2011, 02:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joecheng86
Not being able to turn off the radio is my biggest complaint about my Q5. You can only mute it but then it defaults to unmuted whenever you start the car. The only workaround I've figured out is to switch the MMI to Media and not have any media in the MMI. That way when the car starts, there is nothing to play so its "off".
Press and hold the power/volume button until the MMI turns off (maybe 3 seconds). Then it won't turn back on automagically. Pressing the power/volume button briefly only mutes the stereo!
Old 03-04-2011, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kbilicki
love my B&O even though it could be louder
Louder?? Mine is pretty insanely loud... If you're running an iPod, make sure you adjust the source volume (it's a separate setting in the MMI).
Old 03-05-2011, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

The POS Nav, what a waste of money.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by john1r
+1 same for me. no matter what I try I have to hold the button.
Well, not sure what I did/didn't do to change this, but I noticed a couple of days ago that I now just push the button once and the seat goes all the way to its memory position. I do not have to hold the button down like I used to. This works with or w/o the key fob in the ignition (car not on). I did not try it with the car on.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

We love the Q5 and after 6 months of ownership I have only three small complaints:

1) The standard MMI makes no since in its operation. You turn the dial to the left (down?) and the slector on the screen goes up???? Too much nesting and repeating.

2) We have no power liftgate on our Q5. No problem but it would have been nice if they installed a handle or an indent in the plastic to grab and close the gate.

3) The "no key in car" radio on stays on for only 10 minutes (while you are washing it or whatever). My A4 stays on for an hour.

But, I'm 99% satisfied.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

SOMF, the sales literature for premium+ say " The tailgate conveniently opens and closes with the touch of a button. The desired opening height can be programmed to your preference."

Which package did you buy?

Quick Reply: What are your gripes about the Q5?