Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Where to buy Armour All Wheel Protectant?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
Agree 100%. I went a full month with the Armour-All before washing the wheels again. I have had far more brake dust after 1 week of driving than after a month with Armour-All. If you wash your wheels, it will also wash off the AA, but that's a small price to pay IMHO for keeping that dust at bay.

Bob
Same experience for me also,went seven weeks, finally cleaned them and reapplied the Armour All.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by manup
Same experience for me also,went seven weeks, finally cleaned them and reapplied the Armour All.
+1
Old 09-19-2010, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is interesting stuff to me because I've never seen anything else like it! If your obsessive with cleaning your wheels, this might not be for you - it won't survive a wash. A drive in a good downpour will wash it off too. There are better ways to deal with brake dust (Centric Posi dustless brake pads).
Old 09-19-2010, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
This is interesting stuff to me because I've never seen anything else like it! If your obsessive with cleaning your wheels, this might not be for you - it won't survive a wash. A drive in a good downpour will wash it off too. There are better ways to deal with brake dust (Centric Posi dustless brake pads).

I will probably do the dustless brake pads route when it comes time to replace the pads...good idea ELEVENS. Til then I'll do the cleaning and Armour All route.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by manup
I will probably do the dustless brake pads route when it comes time to replace the pads...good idea ELEVENS. Til then I'll do the cleaning and Armour All route.
I like them so much that I put them on both my cars. Initially, just the front on the Q5. Byt then the back wheels started looking worse than the front. Imagine that! No need to wait till you old pads wear out, they're inexpensive and easy to install.

http://store.zeckhausen.com/catalog/...67n87vn250vem3
Old 09-19-2010, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

I like them so much that I put them on both my cars. Initially, just the front on the Q5. Byt then the back wheels started looking worse than the front. Imagine that! No need to wait till you old pads wear out, they're inexpensive and easy to install.

http://store.zeckhausen.com/catalog/...67n87vn250vem3
Good idea, but performance wise, how do they compare with the OE pads on the Q5?

Bob
Old 09-20-2010, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by bob m
Good idea, but performance wise, how do they compare with the OE pads on the Q5?

Bob
In the dry, they don't have the bite of the OEM pads, but OEM are grabby anyway. In the wet, they require slightly more initial pedal pressure, but still perfectly acceptable. For autocross they would be OK but they aren't intended for use on a road race track. They're great for street use. I don't particularly like them, but I don't dislike them either. They just quietly do their job without drama or issues.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

In the dry, they don't have the bite of the OEM pads, but OEM are grabby anyway. In the wet, they require slightly more initial pedal pressure, but still perfectly acceptable. For autocross they would be OK but they aren't intended for use on a road race track. They're great for street use. I don't particularly like them, but I don't dislike them either. They just quietly do their job without drama or issues.
Ok, thanks.

Bob
Old 09-20-2010, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

For those of you who've been able to go a few weeks in between wheel washes, how are you applying it?

I must be doing something wrong since it seems I have to wash after just a week. I am applying it liberally as the instructions state, but I may be applying too much, as I can see the protectant start to run/drip at times. Still a lot less than without it at least.

Those pads posted earlier are tempting though at that price
Old 09-20-2010, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by gat821
For those of you who've been able to go a few weeks in between wheel washes, how are you applying it?

I must be doing something wrong since it seems I have to wash after just a week. I am applying it liberally as the instructions state, but I may be applying too much, as I can see the protectant start to run/drip at times. Still a lot less than without it at least.

Those pads posted earlier are tempting though at that price
I thoroughly clean the wheels and dry them completely - I use a leaf blower. Then I spray lightly, inside and out, let dry and repeat.

Bob

Quick Reply: Where to buy Armour All Wheel Protectant?