Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Who is completely satisfied with the ventilated seats in their Q5?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 10:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who is completely satisfied with the ventilated seats in their Q5?

As a 3 series owner (who loves my heated seats) I am pleased to see the Q5 is so popular with former 3 series drivers. Quick to warm seats are one of the things I love about the bimmer; within a minute I, too, must turn it down to the minimum setting or my backside gets fried!

What the car doesn’t offer, and what I want in my next vehicle, are ventilated seats (air conditioned seats). I tried this feature in a Q5 in the showroom and was very underwhelmed. I could barely feel it. This really bothered me because that particular model was sitting in the showroom and accordingly had no sun exposure. The cabin was room temperature and the seats did not have to compete with the elements (sun, humidity) as would be the case if it were parked outside for any amount of time in the sun.

Who is completely satisfied with the ventilated seats in their Q5? I am happy and willing to pay for this option but only if I know that it really works and keeps my bum and back cool (quickly) when I turn it on.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the ventilated seats in my Q5. I generally "run" warm so I've used the cooling feature much more frequently than the heating feature. These are my first ventilated seats and they seem to cool very quickly, even through heavier clothes (jeans & sweatshirt). I haven't had to turn the cooling setting up past 3 (out of 6) yet.

They seem a little slower to heat and don't get as hot as I expected, but again, for me, I use the cooling feature more than the heating feature anyway.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

+1 - I love both the heating and cooling of the ventilated seats. Don't expect the backing into a hot stove experience of BMW or a few others, but they warm very quickly (a minute) and cooling on highest settings creates a draft.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

I wasn't even aware that ventilated seats were part of any of the options packages. I wish it came with the Prem+ package.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many Audi salespeople are not familiar with the ventilated seat option. When I first asked my dealer about it, he said ventilated seats were not an option. I told them they were an option, and I presented him with the order number to prove it. He then went to his computer to look it up and verify it.

Now that I think about it, when I sampled the option in the showroom, I did not realize I had the option to turn it up through a range of settings (1-6?). I’ll check that again the next time I stop by a dealer.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am looking to buy a Q5 ASAP...they have the color I want (Monsoon Grey) but no ventilated seats...I also "run warm" and love the cooled seats in my current vehicle...should I be patient and wait...or do without the cooled seats??

Are the ventilated seats that noticeable?
Old 07-26-2011, 08:23 AM
PEF
Audiworld Junior Member

I also run hot but I do not have ventilated seats. As a new Q5 owner, I find the seats very hot in comparison with my previous 2008 A4. Not sure if it's different leather or processing, but I am definitely warmer in the Q5 seats (which is a bad thing).

I would wait for ventilated seats.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

We have the ventilated seats in our Q5 and love them. If you do any longer commutes or trips at all they will be quite noticeable as your backside wont get sticky and hot. I seldom turn mine up past 4 on the dial as it is not needed. The fans are eerie quiet and do a good job. The luxury package they are included in is expensive but I would buy them again easy. Comfort is king!
Old 07-31-2011, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default NO no no

I have Q5 since 2009 and

I am quite disappointed with ventilated seats

at 2.3 - heat rather than cool ...

a good level of cooling only at 6 but then the motors are loud ...

Our Polish service, said the way it should be the level of 2.3 can heat ...

It is not worth to pay extra for it.

ventilation seats in this model does not work well