Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Why does 2.0T have more demand?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lmariorod
Don't know what part of the country most of these 2.0T are flying off the shelves. But here in the NY,NJ, Conn Tri-state area, there are 212 2.0T Q5's and 136 3.2 Q5's. That's roughly 60% more 2.0T. Dealers are obviously getting top dollar on the 2.0T and creating a perceived supply shortage.

http://www.tristateaudidealers.com/a...=Q5&year=2012&
Supplies may have changed. In the west they were very difficult to locate and must be ordered, at least when I was buying mine in 2011. The 2.0T will sell out most of the time and there were always 3.2s sitting on the lot.
It's cheaper than the 3.2, and that probably attracts more buyers to move up from a non-luxury brand.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I do not believe it's cost. I had a choice between a 3.2 and 2.0T. The the 3.2 was about $3,500 cheaper with similar mileage and actually a bit more comfort options.(Nav,rear cam., etc.). I opted for the 2.0T because of gas mileage (I get about 28-30 combined), weight and also everything I researched showed that the 2.0 was more desirable.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Before the 2.0 came on the market, Audi dealers couldn't stock 3.2's on their lots.

back in 2009 & 2010, a premium 3.2 or premium plus 3.2 cost the same as a premium 2.0 or 2.0 premium plus.

The Q5 sells well regardless of the engine.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I opted for the 2.0t for cost and have a 2013 on order. Starts in the mid $30s and I did not opt for all the "fancy stuff". All I added was Convenience Package and Rear Side Airbags. I do like the panoramic roof but we have a Q7 with the roof and man does it get hot in the summer! Audi needs to put a solid cover on the mooroof like BMW does because the mesh just bleeds the heat right into the cabin.

Any thoughts on just going with Convenience Package? I know Premium Plus gives you more goodies but nothing I feel like I really need (nav-no, I've got an iPhone; panoramic roof - no, see above; xenons - would be nice but not necessary IMO; power tailgate - it's a compact SUV with an aluminum hatch, I think I can manage). Would love any input as I can still change options.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hratcht
I opted for the 2.0t for cost and have a 2013 on order. Starts in the mid $30s and I did not opt for all the "fancy stuff". All I added was Convenience Package and Rear Side Airbags. I do like the panoramic roof but we have a Q7 with the roof and man does it get hot in the summer! Audi needs to put a solid cover on the mooroof like BMW does because the mesh just bleeds the heat right into the cabin.

Any thoughts on just going with Convenience Package? I know Premium Plus gives you more goodies but nothing I feel like I really need (nav-no, I've got an iPhone; panoramic roof - no, see above; xenons - would be nice but not necessary IMO; power tailgate - it's a compact SUV with an aluminum hatch, I think I can manage). Would love any input as I can still change options.
I live in Tucson and think the mesh moonroof cover does a pretty good job. The number one thing to do to make the inside cooler is to appply high quality tint to all of the windows. I also have Formula One Air 80 on the windshield for extra heat rejection.

As for the premium vs. premium plus, that was an extremely difficult decision for me also. I went back and forth for weeks. Ended up with the premium plus and definitely do not regret. I do regret not opting for the B&O and advanced key.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to answer the original question...
in our case the 'newness' of the 8 speed and the 'tunability' of turbo sold me...
Old 08-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hratcht

Misquoted that Premium Pus gives you nav - it doesn't...that's extra...
Old 08-17-2012, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
The 2.0Ts I've driven definitely lagged. Not much, but it was there. You might have to drive a 3.2 before you can even notice the lag of the 2.0. Audi did a fine job there to nearly eliminate turbo lag.
i was able to test drive both at the same time. I definitely noticed the lag...that's why i picked the 3.2
Old 08-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by desert_q5
I live in Tucson and think the mesh moonroof cover does a pretty good job. The number one thing to do to make the inside cooler is to appply high quality tint to all of the windows. I also have Formula One Air 80 on the windshield for extra heat rejection.

As for the premium vs. premium plus, that was an extremely difficult decision for me also. I went back and forth for weeks. Ended up with the premium plus and definitely do not regret. I do regret not opting for the B&O and advanced key.
I'm in the Phoenix area. I opted for the B&O and Advanced Key, and I'm glad I did on both accounts. My '12 Premium Plus also has 19" wheels. Honestly I'm not a fan of the 18" wheels and this was by far the cheapest way out of those. They're decent looking and stock, so they make me happy. B&O sounds great to my ears -- I won't deny that perhaps if you like a lot of bass this system isn't worth your money, but I'm glad I did it. And the Advanced Key is just plain cool. Partly because I think inserting a key that's not a key is just rather silly, but mostly because it's ridiculously cool to touch lock/unlock your vehicle and the key stays in your pocket/purse the whole time. Oh and other than when the sun is directly in the summer time, I doubt I'll ever close the panoramic roof. Signature feature in my opinion of this vehicle, Audi was wise to make an almost standard feature. Over 1k miles so far, absolutely loving this vehicle. I don't feel like I'm giving up nearly as much fun as I thought I might after selling my 2004 S4.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old news...
but AWE did some dyno testing and posted it here:
http://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi...1/#post1400367

I know each of us see what we want to see out of Stats, but just some food for thought comparing stock to stock by a third party...

Quick Reply: Why does 2.0T have more demand?