Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Will Q5 in US ever get sport seats etc.?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 06:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Q5 in US ever get sport seats etc.?

Hi, I am a long time Audi fun struggling to find a configuration of car in the US i like. Ideally, Id get an S4 Wagon, but they dont exist. I also understand that i can no longer order a A4 wagon S-line as the wagon is no longer for the us in 2012. Crazy.

So, that leaves the Q5...Are there any way to get the interior details such as sport seats, 3 spoke steering wheel etc. for the Q5 in the US?
Old 04-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Steering wheel, yes, with the slain package. Seats, no unfortunately.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Madelinot
Steering wheel, yes, with the slain package. Seats, no unfortunately.
the midlife refresh will probably get them...
Old 04-21-2011, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Carl E
...Are there any way to get the interior details such as sport seats, 3 spoke steering wheel etc. for the Q5 in the US?
My Prestige ordered with the S-line package gave me the S-line 3 spoke steering wheel.

As for sport seats - (aftermarket) Recaro's? or something similar?

bottom line is how long are you willing to wait (mentioned mid-life refresh) OR to put $$ into the vehicle for what you want.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Maybe for the next generation Q5.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

One of the reasons I didn't want the S-Line package. That would be the most important feature (second to the 3 spoke steering wheel) for me to want the S-Line.

Seat swap from A4/S4 anyone?
Old 04-21-2011, 03:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by vwtoys
One of the reasons I didn't want the S-Line package. That would be the most important feature (second to the 3 spoke steering wheel) for me to want the S-Line.

Seat swap from A4/S4 anyone?
Agree, I just do not understand the US car buyer..all options offered are opposite of what i want and used to pay for while living in Europe.

Just give me an S4 wagon or Q5 / Allroad 3.0TDI with full Sline including interior and I would already have been a customer..Now I am just dabbling around considering BMWs and other alternatives. Please Audi US, make it easy to get your best cars in the US to.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:06 PM
lms
Audiworld Junior Member

I had my heart set on the Q5, and will still probably get one when my lease runs up on my current car, but I drove the X3 with the sport seats, and those seats alone have me considering the X3 against the Q5. Audi might lose me on this.

LMS
Old 04-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lms
I had my heart set on the Q5, and will still probably get one when my lease runs up on my current car, but I drove the X3 with the sport seats, and those seats alone have me considering the X3 against the Q5. Audi might lose me on this.

LMS
I test drove a S4 before I decided to get the Q5. The seats are one of the two things I wish my Q came with, the blower is the other. Whenever I see a X3 on the road with me, I catch myself smiling, I'm very glad I'm in the Audi.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by yano218
I test drove a S4 before I decided to get the Q5. The seats are one of the two things I wish my Q came with, the blower is the other. Whenever I see a X3 on the road with me, I catch myself smiling, I'm very glad I'm in the Audi.

The sports seats in a current Q5 would be the number one option I would seek if available. Stock seats are certainly comfortable--but if you want to drive this car occasionally the sport seats would be really nice to have.

Quick Reply: Will Q5 in US ever get sport seats etc.?