Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Would you Buy a Q5 Again?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are celebrating our second anniversary with the Q5 next month. I'm very happy with it. We came from 8 years in an ML320 so the Q5 has delivered in being the right size. Gas mileage has been great (23mpgs with the 2.0T), no issues, never been back to the dealer, good in the snow, great looking vehicle, my biggest complaint is the wacky control MMI system.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have been very pleased with my 2011 2.0T Premium Plus. I plan on keeping it forever. The only thing I'd be interested in right now would be a 5-door "sportback" A3, if they brought a manual TDI diesel quattro to the states. Sadly, that will never happen... too many moron mouthbreathers in the states who insist on automatics and gas engines.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hands down I will lease another Q5... I have a 2012 3.2 now and can't wait till I can order a 3.0 next summer. That is unless I like the new Porsche version of it...
Old 09-19-2012, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know, I love the size and style of this car for a daily driver. Trips, luggage, dogs, kids, pretty darn good gas mileage, safety... and the ability to make it more luxurious or more sporty depending on one's tastes. You can make it look super agressive and give it the RS5 type style treatment if you like and it will handle it. An RS5 or an R8 it is not, but you can capture some of that fun with a daily driver that is practical (hatch>trunk in the everyday world).

I am a huge Audi fan, but imagine when I've run the life outta this one, that I'll take a look at the Porsche Macan (if I stick with this size) just to see what it has to offer. If not, I can't imagine I won't come back to Audi.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Same model, same options, always white... what an idiot!

I suppose if you have your current approach to replacing cars and it were you ordering the same car and color each time you would probably call yourself an idiot but since it suited this fellow perfectly well then he is not an idiot. What he did worked for him, just wouldn't work for you.

Personally if the car suited me well enough I might replace it with the same as before if there weren't any others good enough at the time.

I have owned my 2010 Q5 for 6 months now and would definitely have another if they were as good quality wise and the price was right - unless there was another brand that was more attractive.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
Same model, same options, always white... what an idiot!
I didn't do my original right so here it is again...

I suppose if you have your current approach to replacing cars and it were you ordering the same car and color each time you would probably call yourself an idiot but since it suited this fellow perfectly well then he is not an idiot. What he did worked for him, just wouldn't work for you.

Personally if the car suited me well enough I might replace it with the same as before if there weren't any others good enough at the time.

I have owned my 2010 Q5 for 6 months now and would definitely have another if they were as good quality wise and the price was right - unless there was another brand that was more attractive.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

I would but I think I will wait on the Macan...