Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2018 Audi SQ5 Tuning - DTE / DTUK module

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 01:30 PM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2018-SQ5
George, I am very interested to see how the Beta Testing goes, particularly with the SQ5 model. I am the one who started this post/thread actually. A few key features from the DTUK model that it would be nice to see something similar on your unit is the ease at which to disconnect or "turn off" the unit. BT connectivity would be fantastic but would require the integration of an app. The ability to have different maps on the tuner versus just full power Thewould be excellent as well. The big issue I hope that will be addressed is drivability and performance loss due to stumbling or cutoffs at WOT transmission shifting. Please let me know if I can do anything to assist you. Thanks.
At the moment we haven't had any reports of the WOT shifting issue. The JB4 can see the gear and gearchange and has a autoshift boost reduction feature that is time based and adjustable so any type of hesitation can be dialed out easily.
The unit has multiple maps on it as well as a user adjustable map so you can dial in the type of power delivery you want (some users prefer linear vs a hard torque hit).
Here is some logs we did over the weekend at a private track heading past 140mph. You can see from the rpm that the gearchanges are crisp.

The JB4 units have a Bluetooth connect kit as a option and a app called JB4 Mobile that allows you to have 6 live gauges of engine parameters of your choice. You can also do logging with it as well as any map changes and setting changes so its easy to select a stock map from that.

Old 04-09-2018, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 352 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by 2018-SQ5
I could try this but when I am racing, I just want to keep my floor planted, lol.
Preaching to the choir on that one! I do find it tough with the paddle shifters since the vehicle beckons for those quick shifts.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I finally got to the track this past Saturday and was able to run my 2018 SQ5 with the DTUK Tuner on it. I did some baseline runs and averaged 13.6 at just over a 100mph. That was on a 50 degree windy day, with my Pirelli Scorpion Snow tires on 19" OZ wheels, and my 280lbs as the driver. I then turned on the unit and ran with Map 3-0 which is the Efficiency map on the DTE unit actually. I got a 13.1@102.90 and a 13.2@102.45. So, the unit definitely helped. I plan to go again in a few weeks with my summer tires and the stock 21" wheels back on. Then I plan to try map 3-0, +1, and +2. We will see how it goes from there. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
Old 04-15-2018, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I would have expected more improvement. 1/2 second is about 5 car lengths. Are you using the PedalBox and holding the brake to build boost at launch?
Old 04-15-2018, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

He was running the eco map though...
Old 04-15-2018, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Map 3 is the baseline tune according to DT-Power but it was tuned with the PedalBox. THats my understanding , could be wrong.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

DT-power overwrites map 3 for their tune, it's not the standard map 3 tune.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Wires
DT-power overwrites map 3 for their tune, it's not the standard map 3 tune.
That might be true for units purchased last year but mine came from DTUK with the DT-Power tune as Map 3. I sent mine in to get the update only to find that it came with it.
I’m not sure which map 3 he was running but it’s probably the DT-Power map. If so then 3-0 isn’t eco mode. But did he run Dynamic?...assume so.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Interesting... just bought mine a couple months ago from DTUK, and it comes with their 3 maps. If they are shipped with the magical DT-Power tune, then why would anyone send their unit to him (and pay extra) to get re-flashed? Something sounds a little fishy here....
Old 04-15-2018, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Wires
Interesting... just bought mine a couple months ago from DTUK, and it comes with their 3 maps. If they are shipped with the magical DT-Power tune, then why would anyone send their unit to him (and pay extra) to get re-flashed? Something sounds a little fishy here....
He wasn’t aware of it until he got mine and refunded my payment plus $20 for shipping & the inconvenience. He had sent them his tune but they didn’t tell him that they were adding it to N.Am. sales. I don’t know the exact date that started but it must have been Jan or Feb latest.
Edit: One thing he said he did with his tune is increase Boost earlier to smooth out the power band. The +&- are also 1/2 the incremental change vs the Map 1 & 2. Maybe Aaron will chime in here and correct me or add to this. I broke some ribs so haven’t felt like crawling under the dash to try the PedalBox.

Last edited by Ron.S; 04-15-2018 at 06:13 PM.

Quick Reply: 2018 Audi SQ5 Tuning - DTE / DTUK module