Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2019 sq5 p+: sport package or no?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Default 2019 sq5 p+: sport package or no?

Hi... looking to pull the trigger on a sq5 this week and have a couple of choices used near me. All CPO with <13K milage - premium+ package around $50k. My question is - how "important" is the sport package? One car has it but no cold weather (and the quantum grey color) while the car I *really* want is Navarra blue with cold weather but no sport package. I'm not looking to drag with the car but am interested in a good driving experience. Choosing the Sq5 over the regular Q5 for its more exciting engine.. but should I go for the sports package over the car color? Thx for the advice!
Old 01-26-2020, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Personally I wouldn’t even consider a SQ5 without the s sport package.

Air suspension alone is worth it, but you also get sport diff and red brake calipers.

Colour is a big consideration - you have to be happy with the colour you choose since you look at it everyday. But if you torn between different colours and one has the sport package I’d go with that one hands down.
The following users liked this post:
Josie (03-29-2023)
Old 01-26-2020, 10:21 AM
rhe
AudiWorld Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Greenc

Air suspension alone is worth it, but you also get sport diff and red brake calipers.

Colour is a big consideration - you have to be happy with the colour you choose since you look at it everyday. But if you torn between different colours and one has the sport package I’d go with that one hands down.
I agree, especially on the air suspension. I lucked out because the dealer had a green SQ5 in stock-- the color I really wanted -- and it came with the sport package. Bumped my price up but really worth it.
Old 01-26-2020, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks all... guess I have to go see what that "quantum grey" looks like in real life... LOL.. not too thrilled with it online but it does have the sport package!
Old 01-26-2020, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Great car either way

I have a 2018 SQ5 premium plus WITHOUT S sport package. I love the car, but I don’t really know what I’m missing since I never drove one with the air suspension and rear diff. I was more concerned with other options and the V6. The standard spring suspension feels great and still has its own version of adaptive damping with different drive select options(comfort, dynamic, off-road, and dynamic) It does not raise or lower though. My advice would be to test drive both then decide if it’s important to you. In my opinion I’d probably go for the air suspension if I were to lease since I’d hopefully be returning the car before incurring the extra expense for repairs.Good luck and I’m sure you’ll enjoy it either way.

Last edited by enap73; 01-26-2020 at 03:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ronsal (01-26-2020)
Old 01-26-2020, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Greenc

I also completely agree. The air suspension is sublime and worth every penny. Sport diff and brakes are noticeable upgrades if driving hard as well. No sport pack? Then no SQ5 in my book.
Old 01-26-2020, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I love everything about my sport package.
i recently drove an SQ5 without it and after driving my car for the past two years I could feel the difference before getting out of the parking lot.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The air suspension itself is reason enough to buy the sport package. The sport differential works well, too.
Old 01-26-2020, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 133 Likes on 104 Posts

I wanted it for the diff. I do not drive hard nor track but on any of the harder curves it will turn in easier than without. For the driving experience, otherwise I would have not gotten a Quattro car.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 277 Posts

Sport diff is freaking amazing, and worth the money alone. Cannot comment on the air suspension since that is sold separately in Canada, and the unit on the lot we bought had everything but that.

Quick Reply: 2019 sq5 p+: sport package or no?