Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2022 Q5 Key user register issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2021, 03:32 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by johnbgoode
Wow thanks very much, I haven't heard about this and will check with the dealership. I have a case and 3 tickets open so far and I've heard there is some problem interacting with Verizon, who may have to fix something, but I'll check this also.
It really surprised me. When I dropped off the car on Tuesday I spent an hour with the dealer trying to get set key user to work and was also online with support. The service advisor had no idea about the existence of the update. Support told me that it'd be about 3 weeks for the ticket to be resolved and that they'd call me then. I'm surprised Audi support didn't know about this software update.

I guess the service tech must have checked for updates. After the update the key user registration process worked the first time I tried. Hopefully you'll have the same result.
​​​​​

Last edited by Harplayr; 11-25-2021 at 04:36 AM.
Old 11-25-2021, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 153 Likes on 108 Posts

Hopefully good news, but in mine the MyAudi login (described as the issue in the TSB draft) works, but I can't log in as Key User, like you. Did you have any problem with the MyAudi login before the update?
Old 11-25-2021, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 153 Likes on 108 Posts

Here's another TSB that specifically addresses Key User on the '22's. It refers to vehicles built after week 25/21 (June/July), mine was after that date since the door jamb reads 9/21. The workaround by entering the Key Code in the app does not work for me. I do have a Support Ticket open and may hear soon since it's been 3 weeks. Between this and the other bulletin posted we may find a way.

An interesting BTW in the bulletin is about the new Activation card versus the old plastic key tag: "As of Q3 2021, there is no possible way to replace this Audi connect Activation Card". I was advised on the phone call to Audi that it should be kept in the car from now on.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MC-10201748-0001.pdf (392.6 KB, 257 views)
Old 11-25-2021, 08:51 AM
Club AutoUnion

Originally Posted by jim2560
Here's another TSB that specifically addresses Key User on the '22's. It refers to vehicles built after week 25/21 (June/July), mine was after that date since the door jamb reads 9/21. The workaround by entering the Key Code in the app does not work for me. I do have a Support Ticket open and may hear soon since it's been 3 weeks. Between this and the other bulletin posted we may find a way.

An interesting BTW in the bulletin is about the new Activation card versus the old plastic key tag: "As of Q3 2021, there is no possible way to replace this Audi connect Activation Card". I was advised on the phone call to Audi that it should be kept in the car from now on.
I made sure to snap a photo of the activation card.
The following 2 users liked this post by Harplayr:
gnatuw (03-09-2022), jim2560 (11-25-2021)
Old 11-26-2021, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem.
Old 11-27-2021, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

I’ve had issues with setting the key user since taking delivery in mid-September. My dealer was able to finally resolve the issue last night by registering our car via their Customer Registration Tool. The initial login attempt failed, but it worked the second attempt and now I have the key user set. I’m still having issue with setting up a second user, but that’s ok for now.
Old 11-27-2021, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default key user setup fixed with software update code 91CQ

Originally Posted by Harplayr
Looks like there's a new software update that fixes the key user issue and some other communication stuff on the 2022 Q5.
I just had the car into the dealer to install the trailer hitch and they did the software update. It solved my problem of trying to become the key user.
Update is code 91CQ. See the PDF attached for more information.
Today the Audi dealership did this software update on my 2022 Q5 and after the key user was finally setup in the vehicle. The myAudi phone app still fails, but this app has no value for me. Thanks very much Harplayr. Funny Audi support was not able to come up with this solution and it was me that brought it to the attention of the dealership.
The following users liked this post:
Harplayr (11-28-2021)
Old 11-28-2021, 03:32 AM
Club AutoUnion

Originally Posted by johnbgoode
Today the Audi dealership did this software update on my 2022 Q5 and after the key user was finally setup in the vehicle. The myAudi phone app still fails, but this app has no value for me. Thanks very much Harplayr. Funny Audi support was not able to come up with this solution and it was me that brought it to the attention of the dealership.
I was also surprised that Audi tech support wasn't aware of this new software update. I would have thought that a lookup of my vin number would have alerted them. I'm just glad the service tech took the time to check for updates while installing my hitch.
Old 11-29-2021, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I had no issues setting up my key user on my 22 last week. My sales person set me up on the website then we updated my phone. Maybe my SQ has all the updates. I noticed all are done via win-fi now.
Old 11-29-2021, 10:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think this problem cause my VIN is not registed in myaudiconnect.com.
There's a error that not found my VIN when I login to myaudiconnect.com below.
Is there anyone who has a key user error even though registered in myaudiconnect.com?
Who registers this? dealer? audi head?

Quick Reply: 2022 Q5 Key user register issue