Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2022 SQ5 Wrap

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2022, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 2022 SQ5 Wrap

For back ground I bought an RSQ8 as a daily car for myself about two months ago. My wife loves it and drove it down to Disney with our girls while I had to travel for business. When she got back she wouldn’t let me have it back. I was annoyed but happy she loved it in general. But parking my F250 around town every day sucks, I don’t want to drive my P cars to work, and her lifted 4Runner is a dang slug. I know, I know, first world problems….

So I took her to the Audi dealer and they didn’t have an RSQ8. So she asked to drive a SQ5 they had and she loved it. She said was just the right size for her and the girls. While they are test driving I am searching tunes and exhausts.

We get home and she asks if she can get it wrapped and have the same rims as mine Audi. Needless to say I am like hell yeah and pumped she is getting more into cars as we get older. Below are pics.

we are waiting on APR to let us know about the tune and looking for exhausts as well. We are a first time Audi family with my RSQ8 and her SQ5. I hate we waited this long for try out this part of Germany.

Wrap- 3M Matte Military Green
Rims- Vossen HF5 22”
Suspension- Lowering Links
Front Grill- Afternarket to delete all chrome
Tint- Front windows to match factory rears

The following 3 users liked this post by Phattymcgee:
authenticang (12-02-2022), MarkP888 (07-25-2022), terrspin11 (07-24-2022)
Old 07-24-2022, 05:14 AM
TJK
AudiWorld Member

Received 203 Likes on 144 Posts

Definitely a military look. Unique!
Old 07-24-2022, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks Good! Check out 034 Motorosports for tunes and parts too. They seem to be talked about favorably on the boards
Old 07-24-2022, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

I added 034MOTORSPORT FRONT STRUT BRACE, B9/B9.5 Q5/SQ5, BILLET ALUMINUM @ https://store.034motorsport.com/034m...-aluminum.html It makes the SQ5 more responsive. I highly recommend it.
Old 07-24-2022, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 235 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by sQ5Atlanta
I added 034MOTORSPORT FRONT STRUT BRACE, B9/B9.5 Q5/SQ5, BILLET ALUMINUM @ https://store.034motorsport.com/034m...-aluminum.html It makes the SQ5 more responsive. I highly recommend it.
Did you install the braces yourself? Why don't the come from the factory equipped like that? Harsher ride?

Do tunes like the OP is considering void the warranty?
Old 07-25-2022, 05:26 AM
Mark P

Received 93 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Phattymcgee
For back ground I bought an RSQ8 as a daily car for myself about two months ago. My wife loves it and drove it down to Disney with our girls while I had to travel for business. When she got back she wouldn’t let me have it back. I was annoyed but happy she loved it in general. But parking my F250 around town every day sucks, I don’t want to drive my P cars to work, and her lifted 4Runner is a dang slug. I know, I know, first world problems….

So I took her to the Audi dealer and they didn’t have an RSQ8. So she asked to drive a SQ5 they had and she loved it. She said was just the right size for her and the girls. While they are test driving I am searching tunes and exhausts.

We get home and she asks if she can get it wrapped and have the same rims as mine Audi. Needless to say I am like hell yeah and pumped she is getting more into cars as we get older. Below are pics.

we are waiting on APR to let us know about the tune and looking for exhausts as well. We are a first time Audi family with my RSQ8 and her SQ5. I hate we waited this long for try out this part of Germany.

Rims- Vossen HF5 22”

This looks awesome. Honestly it's the first wrap I have seen that really made me think about this. May I ask how much it cost including install?

Also do the wraps come off easily when the time comes?
Old 07-25-2022, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 159 Likes on 108 Posts

Definitely different.
Old 07-25-2022, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Phattymcgee

Rims- Vossen HF5 22”

Exact wrap I was looking at for my 21SQ5, though not a sportback. Also looking to add the black rims at same time. Did you do the rims through the dealer? Combo looks great.
The following users liked this post:
terrspin11 (08-11-2022)
Old 07-25-2022, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

I installed the the strut brace myself in an hour and a half, but did need to purchase a set of 12 point sockets as is used on Audi's and VW's and a wiper arm puller. I already have torque wrenches. There is already a strut brace setup from the factory but it is't as robust as this one. Check out this thread from #2 post for more details. https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...overs-3041502/

Last edited by sQ5Atlanta; 07-25-2022 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-26-2022, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 231 Likes on 164 Posts

Huh, that color sure is something.
The following users liked this post:
GeriatricSQ5Guy (07-26-2022)

Quick Reply: 2022 SQ5 Wrap