Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Apple Carplay Disconnects Phone

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you have a recommendation for a mag safe alternative? Thank you soooo much for helping us all in these forums!
Old 08-23-2021, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 245 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by lisakc
Do you have a recommendation for a mag safe alternative? Thank you soooo much for helping us all in these forums!
I did not find anything specific to Audi, so I made my own. But Proclipusa, Belkin and others have vent mount MagSafe adapters now.

The following users liked this post:
lisakc (08-23-2021)
Old 08-23-2021, 08:56 AM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 589 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by lisakc
Made this for the storage bin: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...-auto-3023584/
Old 09-27-2021, 09:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maybe the phone

I know this is about Wireless Carplay but I have a lot of Carplay Experience. First, I have a 2018 honda. No wired carplay issues at all. Next,my 2019 Subaru Legacy, wired carplay had skipping and disconnecting issues. Next, my 2018 Audi A4. No Oem wireless Carplay but I use Carlinkit. Worked flawlessly and sounded amazing with my B&O system. My 2021 X5, OEM wireless carplay is flawless. Now, I’m taking about iOS 14 on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. I updated to iOS 15, started getting some livable glitches, disconnects on Both Audi and BMW. Now with the iPhone 13 Pro Max, both cars are having a lot of issues. The worst one is the Audio switching to the phone call setting while playing music every 5 minutes, mostly on the Audi.
Old 09-28-2021, 02:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 245 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by Chemist83
I know this is about Wireless Carplay but I have a lot of Carplay Experience. First, I have a 2018 honda. No wired carplay issues at all. Next,my 2019 Subaru Legacy, wired carplay had skipping and disconnecting issues. Next, my 2018 Audi A4. No Oem wireless Carplay but I use Carlinkit. Worked flawlessly and sounded amazing with my B&O system. My 2021 X5, OEM wireless carplay is flawless. Now, I’m taking about iOS 14 on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. I updated to iOS 15, started getting some livable glitches, disconnects on Both Audi and BMW. Now with the iPhone 13 Pro Max, both cars are having a lot of issues. The worst one is the Audio switching to the phone call setting while playing music every 5 minutes, mostly on the Audi.
Wireless CarPlay with iOS 15 on my 13 Pro is rock solid, at least for the hour or so that is takes to run errands. There are a few MMI related bugs that are not iOS 15 specific but no audio interruptions or switching to handsfree audio. We also use the Carlinkit 2.0 in my wife's Ranger, no major issues (at least with iOS 14 and my 12 Pro on the last road trip).
Old 09-28-2021, 02:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 151 Posts

No issues at all. Wireless CarPlay in a 2021 with an iPhone 12 Pro. It stays connected on 5 hour drives without issue
Old 09-28-2021, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by DirkM
Wireless CarPlay with iOS 15 on my 13 Pro is rock solid, at least for the hour or so that is takes to run errands. There are a few MMI related bugs that are not iOS 15 specific but no audio interruptions or switching to handsfree audio. We also use the Carlinkit 2.0 in my wife's Ranger, no major issues (at least with iOS 14 and my 12 Pro on the last road trip).
I changed a few settings on Carlinkit, no issues so far today. I think one issue I had overall with both Audi and BMW is that it connects to carplay when the door is unlocked. If I don’t start the car right away, then it starts glitching. Maybe it’s a Carplay issue. I remember my Subaru glitching like that if I restarted my car right away.
Old 09-28-2021, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 231 Likes on 164 Posts

My only problem with Wireless Carplay is that it always connects that way if you enable it once and you can't disable it. I prefer to have my phone plugged in. I wish Apple would add an on/off for wireless in the Carplay settings. I finally had to just disconnect my phone from the WiFi hotspot in my car to get it stop connecting wirelessly.
Old 10-09-2021, 11:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

It’s the iPhone causing the issue. I noticed that if I open the trunk and then turn on the car, I get issues. If I unlock, start the car and reverse without waiting, it starts glitching. I can replicate the issue on both BMW and Audi. I can unlock the car from a distance so that the carlinkit is connected when I start the car. If I unlock with the door handle and start the car, it works fine. If I want to reverse the car, I have to wait until the carplay is fully connected. I can replicate the issue over and over again. One thing I don’t like with audi is that the subwoofer disconnects when I put the car in reverse. i have to pause the music and play it again to get it to come back on
Old 12-20-2021, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have new car without wireless charger and I have this same problem in A3. IPhone 11 is connected wireless and after some time disconnection plus black screen. Where is a problem? iPhone software or Audi software?

Quick Reply: Apple Carplay Disconnects Phone