Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Apple Carplay Disconnects Phone

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2023, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Raudi_Aussi
This. I know the exact areas mine disconnects, dealer claimed that it’s due to 5G/4G switching. Which is a load of bs, it seems to be areas that have high signal interference. (Locations it happens - very close to “smart freeway” technology, new speed cameras and some government buildings. So I’m thinking maybe wifi interference.

Dealer basically told me to go buy a cord.

This is my first Audi and so far the experience has been far from great. Between this, not being able to update the MMI firmware and being told I can’t register as a key user for the 2020 Q3 is all a bit s!$#.
Not sure if my wireless CarPlay issue was exactly the same...but; I was putting up with intermittent CarPlay issues for many months. My Audi dealer printed out a Technical Service Handbook (HST), that went through many different things to try.
One was a 'Workaround' that has you delete the pairing (both from iPhone and vehicle).
This seemed to have "fixed" my issue, as wireless CarPlay now consistently starts within about 30 secs of starting car, and stays connected.
The following users liked this post:
Raudi_Aussi (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Windsor
Not sure if my wireless CarPlay issue was exactly the same...but; I was putting up with intermittent CarPlay issues for many months. My Audi dealer printed out a Technical Service Handbook (HST), that went through many different things to try.
One was a 'Workaround' that has you delete the pairing (both from iPhone and vehicle).
This seemed to have "fixed" my issue, as wireless CarPlay now consistently starts within about 30 secs of starting car, and stays connected.
I’ll give it a try
Old 01-13-2023, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my MMI updated due to the rear camera recall and since then my Apple CarPlay is working WAY better. Connects way more quickly after starting the car, continues playing music from my phone per last startup and connection much more reliable. If you haven't had it done already, there are many other bug fixes that come along with the software update. Took a day and a half for them to perform the updates. My phone wasn't reconnecting straight from the dealer and had to forget my '21 SQ5 and in the MMI and reconnect as new and everything is awesome now.