Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Audi Connect Error - Dealer Activate Internal Data Connection

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 03:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Connect Error - Dealer Activate Internal Data Connection

I just bought a 2018 Q5 Prestige and I have spent about 15 hours trying to get this resolved.

Went to the dealer twice and called Audi Connect support. Went through the door open work around, the privacy work arounds and factory reset.

Everything looks good on the systems and MMI connect app on my phone. I can't get wifi or connect services in the car.

Has anyone seen this before? This model just arrived and maybe it has a new procedure to activate the dealers don't know about?

Old 04-28-2018, 07:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Does anyone know where the embedded SIM is located? Wifi does not seem to be working either.
Old 04-28-2018, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Sounds to me that the dealer hasn't properly completed the delivery of the car if they can't initialize it. It's their problem, not yours. Take it back and insist. Where I live, NJ, we have a lemon law, that kicks in if they are unable to fix a problem in three trips to the dealer.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Don’t know if this is your problem, but this procedure fixed mine (see post #1).
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...2929987/page2/
Old 04-28-2018, 12:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by patmurphey
Sounds to me that the dealer hasn't properly completed the delivery of the car if they can't initialize it. It's their problem, not yours. Take it back and insist. Where I live, NJ, we have a lemon law, that kicks in if they are unable to fix a problem in three trips to the dealer.
I agree, I can't get it to work. It really is pointing to something that has to be done by the dealer. Maybe it's a new step or a software confirm on there end in the car.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Cadx6
Don’t know if this is your problem, but this procedure fixed mine (see post #1).
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...2929987/page2/
Thanks for the tip. I tried that and still no luck.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Did they get this car as a trade by chance?
Old 04-28-2018, 12:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
Did they get this car as a trade by chance?
I don't think so. It has a 03/18 build date on it. When I called originally the person said it has a do not trade flag. It has almost all options for a Q5 prestige.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

I've yet to see that error, but it almost seems like something wasn't enabled properly during the PDI
Old 04-29-2018, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I got the following email after picking up my car a month ago, and my salesperson had to verify/complete the Audi Connect activation process:
You have selected the ""Dealer"" verification method. In order to complete verification, please visit an Audi partner with your printed agreement or agreement number. For security reasons, you will need to confirm your personal data to them using an identity document.

Your agreement number is: USAXXXXXXXXXX

Your contract is available in Audi connect User Management:
Go to User Management in the app

Go to User Management in browser
Have fun using myAudiAudi of AmericaThis email has been generated automatically. Please do not reply to this e-mail.All Audi connect® services are optional and require an active data subscription plan. Distracted driving can cause a loss of vehicle control. The features and technologies of Audi connect are offered for convenience, and should be used only when it is safe and appropriate. The Wi-Fi hotspot feature is intended for passenger use only. Always pay careful attention to the road, and do not drive while distracted. The content and scope of available online-based services may vary. You should familiarize yourself regularly with new online information services.

Please note, that any displayed login credentials are solely used to manage your myAudi account. To manage your Audi connect subscription, please login at https://my.audi.com/.

Some European models may be shown. To ensure you continue to receive emails from Audi connect, please placemyaudi@audi.com in your address book. You may contact Audi directly with questions or for additional information. This is an outbound email only; we will be unable to respond to replies. For comments and questions, please contact auditalk@audi.com.

"Audi", "Audi connect", "Truth in Engineering", the four rings logo, and all models names are registered trademarks of Audi AG. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
©2015 Audi of America, Inc

Last edited by audi40; 04-29-2018 at 04:22 AM.

Quick Reply: Audi Connect Error - Dealer Activate Internal Data Connection