Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Audi Q5 multiple codes

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2024, 08:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Q5 multiple codes

Hi, I own a 2023 Audi Q5 with around 20k miles on it. Out of the blue the car stopped dead and started throwing a bunch of errors for transmission,AWD and steering. I turned off the car, waited for few minutes and started it again and all of them went away and car started driving. Dropped it off at the dealership and they see the codes but don't have a clue if what is wrong, so they reset a few chips and give it back to me. I drove for about 1000 miles and the same thing happened again. I have scheduled an appointment but not sure what's going on. I am in Florida, United States. Any suggestions??
Old 06-19-2024, 11:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 160 Likes on 101 Posts

Pretty sure dealer has checked the rear driver side wheel well cavity for moisture intrusion from a clogged sunroof drain, but wouldn’t hurt to check it yourself (a module is located in there ….and issues are known to be triggered by moisture getting to that module).
Old 06-20-2024, 09:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jaims
Pretty sure dealer has checked the rear driver side wheel well cavity for moisture intrusion from a clogged sunroof drain, but wouldn’t hurt to check it yourself (a module is located in there ….and issues are known to be triggered by moisture getting to that module).
THanks, I have dropped it off at a bigger dealership. They said they found more codes and have series of tests that needs to be done. I will mention this to them.
Old 06-25-2024, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Adarsh98
THanks, I have dropped it off at a bigger dealership. They said they found more codes and have series of tests that needs to be done. I will mention this to them.
The dealership finally reverted back. It was transmission module error. They are replacing it. Hope that fixes it.
Old 07-14-2024, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi, I am back here. Apparently the dealer is unable to fix the vehicle after replacing the transmission module and some wiring. They have put in a request for an engineer. Waiting on that, but I am considering to request a buy back for my vehicle. Any suggestions on that would be appreciated.
Old 07-15-2024, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts

Hi, I am back here. Apparently the dealer is unable to fix the vehicle after replacing the transmission module and some wiring. They have put in a request for an engineer. Waiting on that, but I am considering to request a buy back for my vehicle. Any suggestions on that would be appreciated.
What are we supposed to suggest to you?
Old 07-15-2024, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 82DMC12
What are we supposed to suggest to you?
Any prev experience with buy back or replacement.
Old 07-15-2024, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 402 Likes on 333 Posts

I am considering to request a buy back for my vehicle. Any suggestions on that would be appreciated.
Florida has a lemon law that allows you to have the car bought back if repairs are unsuccessful after a certain number of repair attempts over a defined period. This page has the information you need: How The Florida Lemon Law Works | My Florida Legal

Here are the key points:

CASE 1
If the vehicle has been back to the service agent for repair of the same recurring problem at least three times, the consumer must give written notification by certified, registered or express mail, to the manufacturer (not the dealer) to afford a final opportunity to repair the vehicle.

CASE 2
If the vehicle is in and out of the authorized repair shop for repair of one or more different problems for 15 or more cumulative days, the consumer must give written notification of this fact to the manufacturer (not the dealer), by certified, registered or express mail.

FOR CASES 1 & 2
After the manufacturer’s receipt of the notification, the manufacturer or its authorized service agent must have at least one opportunity to inspect or repair the vehicle.

CASE 3
The consumer may be eligible for a purchase price refund or a replacement vehicle if the vehicle is out of service for repair of one or more nonconformities for a cumulative total of 30 or more days.

IN ALL CASES

If the manufacturer has failed to correct one or more nonconformities within a reasonable number of attempts but does not provide a refund or a replacement vehicle, consumers may invoke their rights through arbitration.
Old 07-15-2024, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kelisko
Florida has a lemon law that allows you to have the car bought back if repairs are unsuccessful after a certain number of repair attempts over a defined period. This page has the information you need: How The Florida Lemon Law Works | My Florida Legal

Here are the key points:

CASE 1
If the vehicle has been back to the service agent for repair of the same recurring problem at least three times, the consumer must give written notification by certified, registered or express mail, to the manufacturer (not the dealer) to afford a final opportunity to repair the vehicle.

CASE 2
If the vehicle is in and out of the authorized repair shop for repair of one or more different problems for 15 or more cumulative days, the consumer must give written notification of this fact to the manufacturer (not the dealer), by certified, registered or express mail.

FOR CASES 1 & 2
After the manufacturer’s receipt of the notification, the manufacturer or its authorized service agent must have at least one opportunity to inspect or repair the vehicle.

CASE 3
The consumer may be eligible for a purchase price refund or a replacement vehicle if the vehicle is out of service for repair of one or more nonconformities for a cumulative total of 30 or more days.

IN ALL CASES

If the manufacturer has failed to correct one or more nonconformities within a reasonable number of attempts but does not provide a refund or a replacement vehicle, consumers may invoke their rights through arbitration.
Got, it. Thanks
Old 07-18-2024, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Did you have the recall performed for sealing the Gateway Control Module? It sits below the center of the rear seat, on the floor pan, and if anyone spills liquid from the back seat, it can enter the module and cause all sorts of issues. The recall also seals a body seam close to the module, because the lack of a body seam seal can allow water to intrude from outside (i.e., wet roads, heavy rains, etc.).

The recall affects B9 Q5s & SQ5s, from MY2018-MY2022:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/202...1V947-8153.pdf

You would think the dealership would have "checked the box" on that recall when you reported the issue, but who knows?

Quick Reply: Audi Q5 multiple codes