Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

B&O crackle/pop noises

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2024, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrexLex
Here's the amp in my car. Link to Part Number: 80A035223A.

Correct. If you do not have B&O, it's a different unit altogether.

Very easy to access without disconnecting any connections to see the label. Just 2 Torx screws holds it in at bottom (for the Q5 anyway).

If you are near Idaho, I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot. ;-)

[ETA: I see you have a 2021 A6 Allroad. I'm confused as to whether you have B&O or not, as you previously wrote: "the common element for all of us seems to that we all have 2020/2021 models with the b&o “3D Premium Sound System” not the higher end, “3D advanced sound system”". AFAIK there is just the B&O 3D system, or the non-B&O systems.]
Hello
I have the MODELS . AMPLIFIER SOUND OEM No: 8Y0 035 465 A (is a E-TRON SLINE SPORTBACK 202.The sound should be Premium, but is not.

This model is a Harman B&O 3D premium, I think the components are of low quality, that's why the sound is not very good. I have also noticed that certain sounds do not come out on all speakers.It's like it has an equalization that tries to put the bass in the bass speakers but it is not precise. When I did the test drive it provided a car that had a fantastic sound, and it wasn't even a Premium sound.

In my car, there are music that sounds very good and others that sound very bad.
This same thing happens to someone?

Old 06-28-2024, 02:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Nothing concrete nor revealing from my side, just a "disappointment" message.
Since I've discovered the issue in my S3 I've sat in an A3 (standard audio), A3 (B&O), S3 (B&O), RS3 (B&O) and ALL of them suffered from exactly the same issue.
Are people driving those cars DEAF? How is it possible that they don't notice it spending hours in a car.
This thread is the only one I found on the internet – how come?
The following 3 users liked this post by Dosko:
AWDFTW (07-03-2024), former_audi_guy (07-02-2024), Mattmmatt (06-28-2024)
Old 07-02-2024, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also always wondered how the
majority of people can’t hear what I’ve (we’ve) heard in every Audi. Being an “audiophile” isn’t even required IMO. My 2023 S5 coupe was a dream car. Unfortunately owning it for a year was anything but. Only way to fix this particular issue is sell the car. I got the story from the service people - who acted surprised - that the regional rep was aware of it and would be corrected eventually with software (in the next 100 years). My guess it’s someEMI issue that they understand but would be big fix for every car they’ve made and it’s not (just) software. Maybe wiring harness routing.
First and last Audi for me. Too bad, nice cars.
Old 07-02-2024, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts

Is there any video or audio of this issue where someone is pointing out THAT IS THE NOISE? I have a 2019 Q5 with B&O and I listen to FM talk radio, all kinds of rock and metal music via SD card, and streaming spotify via Android Auto and I don't hear ANYTHING unexpected except there is a bit of buzzing / vibration rattle sometimes when talking on the phone. NO crackles or pops as the title of this thread implies.

And this is coming from someone who spent has thousands of dollars on upgraded stereo equipment in other cars, I'm a guitarist, have recorded music, guess I'm sort of an audiophile if you want to call it that.

I hear nothing that is unacceptable through the audio system so I don't know what to tell you guys. What are you doing to hear it or test for it? Legit confused here, maybe I'll be sorry I asked.
Old 07-03-2024, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by 82DMC12
Is there any video or audio of this issue where someone is pointing out THAT IS THE NOISE? I have a 2019 Q5 with B&O and I listen to FM talk radio, all kinds of rock and metal music via SD card, and streaming spotify via Android Auto and I don't hear ANYTHING unexpected except there is a bit of buzzing / vibration rattle sometimes when talking on the phone. NO crackles or pops as the title of this thread implies.

And this is coming from someone who spent has thousands of dollars on upgraded stereo equipment in other cars, I'm a guitarist, have recorded music, guess I'm sort of an audiophile if you want to call it that.

I hear nothing that is unacceptable through the audio system so I don't know what to tell you guys. What are you doing to hear it or test for it? Legit confused here, maybe I'll be sorry I asked.
I don't believe it is an issue in 2019 cars. I have a 2019 Prestige with the B&O audio system, and no pops. I think the issues started with the introduction of the touchscreen models?

Cheers!

MF.
The following users liked this post:
82DMC12 (07-03-2024)
Old 07-03-2024, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by MFGF
I don't believe it is an issue in 2019 cars. I have a 2019 Prestige with the B&O audio system, and no pops. I think the issues started with the introduction of the touchscreen models?

Cheers!

MF.
OK thanks, scrolling back through this thread I thought I saw some 2019's complaining about it too but the touchscreen change makes more sense.
Old 07-03-2024, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Not an issue on the 2019 models. I have a 2019 Q8 Prestige with 3D Advanced and there are no issues. It started with the next generation of infotainment.
Old 07-03-2024, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

I have a 2022 SQ5 Prestige no snap crackle or pop. Hope I haven't jinxed myself.
Old 07-03-2024, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 238 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by sQ5Atlanta
I have a 2022 SQ5 Prestige no snap crackle or pop. Hope I haven't jinxed myself.
Same with my '21, so like you, I hope I haven't jinxed myself.

Sound quality (not the pops and crackles) depends on the source. SiriusXM is so compressed that it's never going to sound great. Many times I listen to my own recordings on a USB memory stick in MP3 format and it sounds great - the louder the better. HD FM also sounds pretty good, but when I use that format it's only classical music on the local public radio station.
Old 07-03-2024, 10:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted the same in another thread as its the same issue, but yeah I signed up to report the same issue with my brand new Audi RSQ3 2024 with Sonos.It has the same popping sound like sand or a tiny stone hitting the windscreen. Happens regardless of audio source and can hear during calls. After reading the prior 33 pages I am working on talking myself into living with it because the car is great otherwise.

Quick Reply: B&O crackle/pop noises