Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Disable Apple Car Play

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2023, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Disable Apple Car Play

Fairly new Q5 owner; although I have had the car since May, I never activated Apple Car Play. My problem with activating it was that anytime I started my car, the radio immediately started playing music from my phone rather than my preferred SirusXM which became very annoying. After reading the Audi website, I simply deactivated the auto connection to the car’s WiFi and it promptly solved the issue. Despite owning the car for nearly 6 months, I am still learning about its massive technology. Ahh, for the days of the 8-Tracts.
Old 10-15-2023, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Android user here.
I think my Q5 launches whatever last app I used. If I was listening to radio - it will play radio next time I turn the ignition on. If I was using Waze with Android Auto - it will launch Android Auto.
Old 10-15-2023, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bat0nas
Android user here.
I think my Q5 launches whatever last app I used. If I was listening to radio - it will play radio next time I turn the ignition on. If I was using Waze with Android Auto - it will launch Android Auto.
Seems that with my 2023 Q5 plug-in, it kept playing my IPhone music even though I was using the SiriusXM when I turned the car off. Other than this minor issue, the Apple Play seemed to work well, especially the Navigation which is better than the Audi Navigation which is an expensive upgrade. Next Audi, I won’t bother with this Option. Strange thing is that the VW ID4 comes with Navigation for their mid and upper trim levels while even with the Audi Premium Plus it is not. The only minor concern is that the IPlay Nav uses a lot of data, but since my car has the WiFi hotspot, it isn’t a concern.
Old 10-16-2023, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts

Doesn’t the hotspot become very expensive after the first 6 months? Mine is due to end the end of this month.
Old 10-17-2023, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Elvisfan
Doesn’t the hotspot become very expensive after the first 6 months? Mine is due to end the end of this month.
Mine is also due at the end of the month since I purchased my car at the end of April. I am not sure but I think it may be $15 per month; in addition to the hot spot it includes various remote access features including the full charged notification whenever I am charging my Q5e.
Old 10-17-2023, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by wstevecollins54
Mine is also due at the end of the month since I purchased my car at the end of April. I am not sure but I think it may be $15 per month; in addition to the hot spot it includes various remote access features including the full charged notification whenever I am charging my Q5e.
according to the myAudi app, Audi connect is $36 a month or $360 a year. That is the cheaper option . Way too expensive. To me it’s a ripoff. I have unlimited data on my phone already.
Old 10-20-2023, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The issue we are having with Apple Car Play, even when you choose XM for the radio, as soon as you open your phone as a passenger the radio goes right to Apple Car Play. Very annoying!
Old 10-20-2023, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by S'more 14
The issue we are having with Apple Car Play, even when you choose XM for the radio, as soon as you open your phone as a passenger the radio goes right to Apple Car Play. Very annoying!
Based on my experience, try to disable the Auto-Join feature in WiFi settings on your iPhone. It worked for me. Otherwise contact Audi Technical Support.
Old 10-20-2023, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 233 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by bat0nas
Android user here.
Mine doesn't. And it's not consistent with which one it launches. Sometimes it'll go straight to Apple Maps (that's typically what I use instead of Google Maps or Waze), sometimes the radio on SiriusXM, or sometime just the home screen and then I'll have to choose radio or whatever.
Old 10-20-2023, 08:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by S'more 14
if you go to settings, then Bluetooth on your phone. Choose the Audi device, you can turn off CarPlay. That should work.

Quick Reply: Disable Apple Car Play