Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Error in Vehicle Communication

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2022, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 397 Likes on 282 Posts

The one thing if value for me was/is being able to check if it's locked remotely and lock it if it's not. Now it only tells me, "Vehicle is not parked safely", lol.
The following users liked this post:
jwclair (07-10-2022)
Old 07-14-2022, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I've been gettin comm errors w/ MyAudi app for months. Pretty ridiculous.
Old 07-14-2022, 05:30 AM
TJK
AudiWorld Member

Received 203 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by hammergjh
I've been gettin comm errors w/ MyAudi app for months. Pretty ridiculous.
Audi basically abandoned the app. Clearly they aren’t spending any resources on maintenance or repair of it. They probably should just kill it and then roll out something that works.
Old 06-21-2023, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It happened before and I took the vehicle to the dealer, the problem was solved. The error is up again, I am advised to book the vehicle in again.
Old 06-21-2023, 07:16 AM
TJK
AudiWorld Member

Received 203 Likes on 144 Posts

For the gas powered car, not sure why it is worth trying with this app. It doesn’t do anything of value. You can’t even access the owners manual without some clunky manual input of the VIN.
Old 06-21-2023, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 212 Likes on 149 Posts

Audi has the worst app technology by far compared to several other brands I’ve owned. Actually the most impressive (shockingly so) was Chevrolet. Great app and reliable with plenty of features including driving habits, mileage, auto start from the app etc. I would start my car when getting off a plane and the car would be cooled or heated by the time I got there. Not a great car but great app
Old 06-21-2023, 08:53 AM
Audi Q5e Driver

Received 194 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by atlanta A6
Audi has the worst app technology by far compared to several other brands I’ve owned. Actually the most impressive (shockingly so) was Chevrolet. Great app and reliable with plenty of features including driving habits, mileage, auto start from the app etc. I would start my car when getting off a plane and the car would be cooled or heated by the time I got there. Not a great car but great app
I agree, the Chevy app is surprising good and reliable. Particularly compared to the Audi app.

My Audi app is doing ok right now (good cause it's features are kinda important for getting full benefit out of the Q5e) but time zones are all messed up and currently off by 4 hours.
Old 04-10-2024, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need find this soluction too

Hi, i got same error "myaudi error in vehicle communication" on my app, but on my A4 B9.
I was spoken with Digital audi plataform and they cant find the error and say to download emotion app ( i dont have conection with this app with my car ) stupd.
i got the car like 4 months ago cause i love audi but i was excited to joy all experience with my car, and sice i got, i cant have full conection btw my app and my car.

some one fix it?

thanks
Old 04-11-2024, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Just had this issue and here are some of their communication that resolved issue

1) Thank you for contacting Audi of America Digital Business Support in regard to your beautiful Audi. At this time there is not a way for 10-digit codes to be replicated or re-sent if it is unknown. In order to further assist you in the Key User set up process the following documentation will be required; a copy of your driver's license, proof of insurance or vehicle registration. If your vehicle is newly purchased, by a private party, and you do not yet have the vehicle's registration, a valid Insurance card, or a notarized bill of sale will be an acceptable alternative. Please note, all submitted documents must be pdf or jpeg format to be reviewed properly by our systems.

Once the aforementioned documentation has been received and reviewed, an Audi Digital Business Support advocate will contact you to complete the key user set up process. If there is a best time to reach you, please include that in your email reply. If you have not received a reply via email within 24-48 hours of submitting your documentation, please contact us directly at + 1 800 822 2834.

2) At your convenience, please utilize the steps below;

• Hello! We have identified that your current Key User agreement is corrupted and will need to be redone.
  • Please open your myAudi app and select the person icon in the bottom right > Key User Agreement > Withdraw Consent.
  • Then select the vehicle icon in the bottom left > Top left 3 lines/dashes > Remove vehicle from app.
  • Then add your vehicle back to the myAudi app and walk back through the Key User setup.
  • Once at the portion requesting you speak to an Audi partner please reply back to this email so that we may set you back as key user.
3) Thank you for contacting Audi Digital Business Support. We have nominated you as the key user for your vehicle. You will now need to log into your vehicle’s MMI with your myAudi account information to complete the setup process.
This can be done by going to User > Add User > Login now > Type in your myAudi email & password

Now fixed

Last edited by sQ5Atlanta; 04-11-2024 at 11:09 AM.