Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Metallic Colors: Navarro Blue / Mythos Black / Madator Red

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 10:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Metallic Colors: Navarro Blue / Mythos Black / Madator Red

New registered member here! I am in the process of purchasing an SQ5 in early June. I picked out Magma Red Nappa Leather w/ Grey Stitching as my interior color.

Originally I was going to pick Matador Red as my exterior and figured it might be too much red on red but wanted opinions if anyone actually went that route.

It comes down to Navarro Blue or Mythos Black as my exterior color to go with my magma red seats. Impressions or hands on experience with ethier colors? I saw a video with Navarro Blue on an S4. Depending on angle and light, gives different shades of blue even and even has a slight purple hue tint if my eyes are seeing correctly. Also the guy mentioned at night, it looks like a very dark blue...like black. Thoughts on both colors would be greatly appreciated.

Lady but not least, I saw an electric blue metallic that's was really shiny on a RS. What color is that? TIA
Old 05-31-2017, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

For reasons unknown, when my wife ordered her new 2018 SQ5, red leather was not offered. She had come to love her 2014 SQ5 Prestige with the red leather interior and wanted to keep the theme, so to speak.

I ordered a Daytona Gray Pearl with the Magma Red Leather interior. She ended up ordering a Matador Red with the Rotor Gray upgraded leather interior. Our cars, parked in our garage will be (sort of) photo negatives of each other.

The good news is the red paint is beautiful (we saw it on a new A5) and the rotor gray, too is great (we saw it on a new TT).

Then, Audi -- via the website -- offers Magma Red Leather on the SQ5 -- weeks after my wife's order became "frozen." The good news is she has warmed to the Rotor Gray -- probably because she LOVES the Matador Red, which would probably not look good with the Magma Red Leather.

The only thing that was a saving grace, so to speak, is that my wife (a long time manual transmission stalwart who REFUSES to use cruise control) absolutely did NOT want Driver Assistance -- and, that too was NOT available at the time of order of the SQ5. She ended up getting Prestige, 20" (standard) wheels + summer only tires (which she will immediately swap out for Ultra High Performance A/S tires) and cold weather. She also ordered the "accessory" of the Audi Beam Rings.

I love the Driver Assistance Package -- especially Adaptive Cruise Control. To each his/her own, we say.

The joys and perils of "early adoption."
Old 05-31-2017, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Can't go wrong either way

Navarro shows really well on the Q body - it's not an over-the-top blue; in the shade it's dark, really navy, and not much metallic. In the sun, it glimmers.

Daytona is an Audi hallmark color, looks great on any vehicle they have ever offered it on.

As far as the other blue on the RS, do you mean a TT-RS/RS3? That is Ara Blue - much more of a stand out color, sort of reminds me of Long Beach from BMW. Then there is a darker metaalic blue, Scuba, that is offered on the R8 and a few other models.

On an S-car, Audi will also do a custom order for any color in their history. So if you're after something unique, that may be a great way to go. Personally, I'd love to see one in Lotus Gray
Old 05-31-2017, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Audi doesn't build a Matador Red SQ5 with Magma Red leather. The red leather can't be combined with the red or green exterior:

Audi also can't do paint other than standard on the SQ5 for MY2018:

Old 05-31-2017, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

ah, yes looks like they did close the order bank already for custom '18 SQ5's - makes sense, since it was announced last year and has been orderable for several months now. It will of course open back up at some point though.

Wrapping is also obviously an option for someone too
Old 05-31-2017, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
For reasons unknown, when my wife ordered her new 2018 SQ5, red leather was not offered. She had come to love her 2014 SQ5 Prestige with the red leather interior and wanted to keep the theme, so to speak.

I ordered a Daytona Gray Pearl with the Magma Red Leather interior. She ended up ordering a Matador Red with the Rotor Gray upgraded leather interior. Our cars, parked in our garage will be (sort of) photo negatives of each other.

The good news is the red paint is beautiful (we saw it on a new A5) and the rotor gray, too is great (we saw it on a new TT).

Then, Audi -- via the website -- offers Magma Red Leather on the SQ5 -- weeks after my wife's order became "frozen." The good news is she has warmed to the Rotor Gray -- probably because she LOVES the Matador Red, which would probably not look good with the Magma Red Leather.

The only thing that was a saving grace, so to speak, is that my wife (a long time manual transmission stalwart who REFUSES to use cruise control) absolutely did NOT want Driver Assistance -- and, that too was NOT available at the time of order of the SQ5. She ended up getting Prestige, 20" (standard) wheels + summer only tires (which she will immediately swap out for Ultra High Performance A/S tires) and cold weather. She also ordered the "accessory" of the Audi Beam Rings.

I love the Driver Assistance Package -- especially Adaptive Cruise Control. To each his/her own, we say.

The joys and perils of "early adoption."
Thanks everyone for the input! I am leaning towards the Navarra Blue since it looks more crisp and stands out more than the Mythos Black.

I did see a sort of metallic dark grey but not sure what color that was.

I would LOVE some more opinions about the Mythos Black and Navarra Blue which is welcome as I am coming down to the wire on my exact configuration I want.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DJ3xclusive
I saw an electric blue metallic that's was really shiny on a RS. What color is that? TIA
If it's very "shiny" blue on a RS7, maybe you are referring to Sepang Blue Pearl...here's mine for reference:

Stateside Sepang Blue RS 7 is Shining Example of Tailored Audi - Fourtitude.com
Old 05-31-2017, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by chucky0731
If it's very "shiny" blue on a RS7, maybe you are referring to Sepang Blue Pearl...here's mine for reference:

Stateside Sepang Blue RS 7 is Shining Example of Tailored Audi - Fourtitude.com
Yes! I think that is it. That's custom color option for the SQ5? I know at the moment it's frozen for customer colors but would like to know if that's part of the custom colors!
Old 06-01-2017, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by DJ3xclusive
Yes! I think that is it. That's custom color option for the SQ5? I know at the moment it's frozen for customer colors but would like to know if that's part of the custom colors!
Any color in Audi's history is doable on S models as a $3900 option
Old 06-02-2017, 01:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

What color is this?

Quick Reply: Metallic Colors: Navarro Blue / Mythos Black / Madator Red