Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

My 2018 Navarra Blue SQ5 w/ Black Optics From TAG Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoshtaylor
No, I financed mine. Honestly, I would prefer paint. I did that on my last car (2014 Jeep SRT). I've already had one issue with a corner piece on the rear window...the fixed it for free obviously, but question the longevity. If you're leasing don't be concerned about it LOL !
I owned my 2016 SQ5 (until it was recently totaled) so whether I score another 2016 or a 2018, I will own it or finance so would probably paint this time also, for the reasons you noted...tape just doesn't stay on the same way...
Old 11-05-2017, 07:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi your car looks fantastic. I also got a navarro blue q5 but unfortunately won't be about to make it as cool as yours.. but I have a ... newbie question about tinting ... so the back windows and rear windshield are already dark glass.. did u still tint the back windows including back windshield ?
Also I was recommended to do a front clear windshield tinting using clear 3M crystalline..for heat rejection did u get your front windshield done too? I did read your 50 front 35 back... wasn't sure what you meant by limo tint- where didn't get that done on? Thanks
Old 12-20-2017, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Babyaudi
Hi your car looks fantastic. I also got a navarro blue q5 but unfortunately won't be about to make it as cool as yours.. but I have a ... newbie question about tinting ... so the back windows and rear windshield are already dark glass.. did u still tint the back windows including back windshield ?
Also I was recommended to do a front clear windshield tinting using clear 3M crystalline..for heat rejection did u get your front windshield done too? I did read your 50 front 35 back... wasn't sure what you meant by limo tint- where didn't get that done on? Thanks
50% on the Driver's & Passenger Side Front Windows
35% on the entire windshield
Limo on a band about 6"-8" from the top down on the windshield

Did not touch the rear windows or the tailgate...those are all stock.