Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

MY22 Q5 - Semiconductor shortage package

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2022, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 231 Likes on 164 Posts

Only $1200 for that stuff is crazy.

I’m surprised you got the electronic steering column. That was one of the early features to be removed.

Originally Posted by Sandroad;[url=tel:25694603
25694603]I wonder if they've modified the owners manuals showing the loss of those features?
Why would they need to change the owner’s manual? The owners manual covers the entire range, including cars that don’t have those safety options standard like the Premium trim.

Last edited by Iain_B; 03-29-2022 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-29-2022, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 231 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by atlanta A6
This is just phase 1 of a price increase strategy. Take out options and not offset the loss with appropriate cost reductions. It’s going to get worse.
Maybe you didn’t notice that prices for electronics across the board have gone up due to semiconductor shortages. Why would cars be any different?
Old 03-29-2022, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

At least they didn't "delete" the engine... This time around
Old 05-18-2022, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=audixy;25694595]I see some of the new Q5 45 TSFI premium pluses have a "Semiconductor shortage package" on the sticker with $1,200 credit. The package includes: "Deletes Adaptive cruise control with Traffic Jam assist; Deletes Audi active lane assist & Audi phone box; Deletes Audi side assist & rear cross traffic warning."

It is hilarious that this thing is called a "package," and $1200 seems pretty low for what it removes.

Window sticker seems to be generated after port arrival, and I have a Q5 55 e premium plus that should be arriving at the port next week. It will be a deal-breaker for me if adaptive cruise control is gone.

I wonder if any recent Q5 owners see a similar "package," if so what trim do you have?
I’m waiting on an SQ5 Sportback- has the “Semiconductor Shortage Package” 😏🙁
Old 05-18-2022, 08:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=S5-Cab-10;25711998]
Originally Posted by audixy
I see some of the new Q5 45 TSFI premium pluses have a "Semiconductor shortage package" on the sticker with $1,200 credit. The package includes: "Deletes Adaptive cruise control with Traffic Jam assist; Deletes Audi active lane assist & Audi phone box; Deletes Audi side assist & rear cross traffic warning."

It is hilarious that this thing is called a "package," and $1200 seems pretty low for what it removes.

Window sticker seems to be generated after port arrival, and I have a Q5 55 e premium plus that should be arriving at the port next week. It will be a deal-breaker for me if adaptive cruise control is gone.

I wonder if any recent Q5 owners see a similar "package," if so what trim do you have?
I’m waiting on an SQ5 Sportback- has the “Semiconductor Shortage Package” 😏🙁
Your salesperson should be able to tell you whether your Q5 has the semi-cond package; if it does, sorry but no adaptive cruise control, blind spot, cross traffic etc
Old 05-19-2022, 02:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When we were shopping for my wife’s Q5, she also briefly looked at the Q3. One of the dealers we went to had a bunch of Q3s on the lot. Our salesman told us that “they asked for cars from Audi” and they received that batch of Q3s with the deletion package. “And, here they sit,” he said.

We were lucky to find a single Q5 Premium Plus S-Line on the lot at another deal that was only missing the phone box. The few other Q5s they had all “featured” the deletion package.

Audi has to note it on the Monroney to avoid legal issues…if it’s on the sticker the buyer is entitled to it.

I own a Porsche and am following their similar saga. Porsche originally pledged to retrofit missing options like the electrically adjustable steering column on cars that were delivered without them, then subsequently reneged on that promise, in lieu of offering some vague “compensation”. I think those people may have a very valid case for more “compensation” than Porsche has in mind.

At least Audi’s being up front with it.
Old 05-19-2022, 03:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 151 Posts

Spoke with a local sales manager and his statement was “3-5 years from now no one will even care these options are missing when you go to resell it”. I will not buy another car without blind spot monitoring and not sure I agree these missing options won’t affect resale pretty significantly. But it will be interesting to see
Old 05-19-2022, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 354 Likes on 278 Posts

Spoke with a local sales manager and his statement was “3-5 years from now no one will even care these options are missing when you go to resell it”. I will not buy another car without blind spot monitoring and not sure I agree these missing options won’t affect resale pretty significantly. But it will be interesting to see
I call BS to that statement. Sounds like what they are mandated to say so that the customer takes the car. Right now I'm looking for a used car for my daughter, and I'd like some of those safety features "to make me feel better". So, yeh, these are 5 year old cars, and I care.
The following users liked this post:
lowjdml (05-30-2022)
Old 05-19-2022, 05:19 AM
Audi Q5e Driver

Received 194 Likes on 130 Posts

In the future when I'm looking for a used car for my kids, the 2021-2022(23?) years will be under scrutiny for missing safety features from all makes. And things like the chip shortage package will be an immediate pass if their like Audi's.

If I was just looking for a fun weekend car it might be something I could overlook, but for anything for regular family duty (specially with younger drivers) no way.
The following 2 users liked this post by dcaf:
GeriatricSQ5Guy (05-19-2022), Wires (05-19-2022)
Old 05-19-2022, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 159 Likes on 108 Posts

You are talking to a salesman who will tell you anything he thinks you want to hear to make the deal.
The following 3 users liked this post by 383vett:
lowjdml (05-30-2022), Wires (05-20-2022), zaikennotstirred (05-20-2022)

Quick Reply: MY22 Q5 - Semiconductor shortage package