Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

MY22 Q5 - Semiconductor shortage package

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2022, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I don't mind the presense being deleted, the adaptive cruise would be a deal breaker for me. I placed my order for an SQ5 Prestige in Feb with an original build ETA of late April; as of now, it still hasn't been built, but the order is locked without the semiconductor shortage package ('only' missing the phone box and toll module).

Seems like any prestige Q5/SQ5 orders that haven't been built are on hold and are going to by flipped to MY23, without the semiconductor shortage package. Smart way to make people want to shell out for the higher trim level. Wonder when MY23 production will start...
The following users liked this post:
itcsburnett (05-23-2022)
Old 05-21-2022, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zaikennotstirred
While I don't mind the presense being deleted, the adaptive cruise would be a deal breaker for me. I placed my order for an SQ5 Prestige in Feb with an original build ETA of late April; as of now, it still hasn't been built, but the order is locked without the semiconductor shortage package ('only' missing the phone box and toll module).

Seems like any prestige Q5/SQ5 orders that haven't been built are on hold and are going to by flipped to MY23, without the semiconductor shortage package. Smart way to make people want to shell out for the higher trim level. Wonder when MY23 production will start...
My SQ5 is built and sitting at the factory; status delayed 😏
Old 05-21-2022, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reading up on this -- curious if I am missing all of the features noted or just the integrated toll module and the Audi phone box?
Old 05-21-2022, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yesterday bought a Q5 premium plus deal and the above items were deleted with the discount.
‘Q. When the chips become available, will we be contacted and have the option of installing those deleted chips for the same fee perhaps? Or is that something only the Mfg plant can do? Meaning we are stuck as it…..?
Old 05-22-2022, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 354 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by MOE Def
Yesterday bought a Q5 premium plus deal and the above items were deleted with the discount.
‘Q. When the chips become available, will we be contacted and have the option of installing those deleted chips for the same fee perhaps? Or is that something only the Mfg plant can do? Meaning we are stuck as it…..?
I'm thinking you are "stuck as is". It would be incredibly expensive to put something like active cruise into a vehicle that didn't have it before. If it was missing the control module, perhaps. If they do the delete, do they not do any of the radars and wiring? For those that have seen that sticker on a car, is things like the black radar globes present in the lower front bumper (fog light area)? I'm betting they just yank everything related to save $$$ since it's not functional on delivery.
The following users liked this post:
S5-Cab-10 (05-23-2022)
Old 05-22-2022, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by MOE Def
there is no retrofitting that will be done. The vehicle is as it is.
The following 2 users liked this post by SCarGuy:
Harplayr (05-31-2022), MOE Def (05-22-2022)
Old 05-22-2022, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

As to whether or not it affects value long or short term, at best, it’s a guess.

In the past, there was always a constant supply of new vehicles, and used vehicles. One feeds the other. This has not been the case in the last 2 years, and will remain as such for at least 2 years to come. The situation globally isn’t getting better, and won’t any time soon. As such, every used vehicle, regardless of features, mileage, is being propped up value wise due to simple lack of alternative supply.

The normal rule of thumb on used car values is features matter in the short term valuation. Mileage and history matters far more in the long term.

Not everyone wants or even cares about some/all of these things. I hear this every single day from current buyers (of audi and other brands). Others do. If you do care, you order your vehicle and wait and pay a bit more. If you don’t care, and you’re not hung up on this color or that, or this inlay or that, you buy it now and pay a bit less.

There are also numerous aftermarket options to do blind spot monitoring, for example, for those who absolutely can’t live without it.

Old 05-22-2022, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 151 Posts

I agree. It will be a guess as to what happens other then there will be some they won’t buy a car unless it has x safety feature and others who simply don’t care.
I should have mentioned I’m not car shopping. I just happened to be in for service talking to the sales manager at 7:30 in the morning to find out how car sales are going and if there is any relief in the used car market. I’m a car geek I guess.
The following 2 users liked this post by atlanta A6:
MOE Def (05-31-2022), Wires (05-23-2022)
Old 05-23-2022, 03:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by makeoneup22
Reading up on this -- curious if I am missing all of the features noted or just the integrated toll module and the Audi phone box?
Seems you’re lucky and don’t have the Semiconductor shortage package like mine which is built and sitting at the factory.

Old 05-30-2022, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wires
I'm thinking you are "stuck as is". It would be incredibly expensive to put something like active cruise into a vehicle that didn't have it before. If it was missing the control module, perhaps. If they do the delete, do they not do any of the radars and wiring? For those that have seen that sticker on a car, is things like the black radar globes present in the lower front bumper (fog light area)? I'm betting they just yank everything related to save $$$ since it's not functional on delivery.
I had to do this as well due to car shortage. Seems like the car has the radar globes as wel. So, I'm curious if I'll be able to get it installed later on if chips become available.

Quick Reply: MY22 Q5 - Semiconductor shortage package