Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

New to Audi but love the Q5

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Audi but love the Q5

We are planning on placing our order for a Q5 Prestige with the Driver Assistance Package tomorrow. I am picking up a loaner car at noon to drive for a while and figure out if the standard seats will work for me as I am not a small person. I am not a "car" person but I do love comfort, technology, and safety. I currently drive a 2015 Highlander Platinum that has ventilated seats that I don't feel I need in the new car but if I need to upgrade for comfort then I will. The Highlander has a lot of safety but the Q5 simply blew me away. I am a tad concerned about the size but normally it is just my husband and I in the car. My only other worry is buying a car in the first year of so many changes. With production moved and redesign it makes me just a little nervous. This is a rather large investment. I know Audis get great reviews but has anyone else worried about this? Thanks for any suggestions on placing my order and all reassurances are appreciated.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Look at the A4 and the Allroad latest models. The engine and transmission has been in use for maybe a year. (someone correct me if I am wrong) We did not go with the sports seats for the same 'not small people' reason, also my dealer (not a small person) said that also. My wife and I also are on our own (kids grown) but as some reviews have said this is the perfect "couples car". Our current car is a 2010 CRV which I love and I have been driving 40 years...ahhh my Dodge Dart. Anyway look at forum posts for those other cars. Hope it helps..
Old 06-13-2017, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I've only had mine 8 weeks and put 800 miles on it but I have 0 complaints. Build quality is on par with my 2015 Allroad and feels much better than the 2013 X3 and X5s I had. As for being the first year of a new model, I find most changes made in subsequent years are cosmetic. The engine and transmission are proven and received excellent reviews. I think you'll be very happy as I am!
Old 06-13-2017, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

We haven't gotten our Q5 yet, but we have been researching vehicles for about 2 years now. We almost went with a GLC last year, but then saw the A4 and Q7 and fell in love with the VC. When we learned that the VC was going to be on the q5 we waited another year. I've done exhaustive research on this model and read everything I can in it so I am confident with our decision. We did cancel our original order to get DAP and the warm weather pkg for the seat upgrade. The only bad part is the long wait for DAP!
Old 06-14-2017, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. We placed our order last night. Azore Green Prestige, brown leather, gray oak with cold weather and DAP. The dealer let me take a Q5 out for the afternoon which really sold me on the vehicle. ETA is 9/08-10/06. Let the waiting begin.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Lifeski
Thanks. We placed our order last night. Azore Green Prestige, brown leather, gray oak with cold weather and DAP. The dealer let me take a Q5 out for the afternoon which really sold me on the vehicle. ETA is 9/08-10/06. Let the waiting begin.
That matches ours with the exception of the grey oak and the cold weather. October is a long wait
Old 06-14-2017, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by havery
That matches ours with the exception of the grey oak and the cold weather. October is a long wait
I am fortunate to have a 2015 Toyota Highlander with lots of safety features to drive. It's a very nice car but I am so excited about the sportiness of the Q5 vs my Highlander. Reading Consumer Reports this morning where they named the Highlander one of the best cars for elderly drivers made me grimace so I want my new car to be here soon.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Lifeski
That is one beautiful color.
Old 07-28-2020, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats ! Absolutely agree with you that it is worth the extra $12k for that engine/ancillary benefits. The sound alone ! I saw a youtube video of a cold start on the SQ7 and am VERY bummed my S8+ doesn't sound remotely as good, even after deleting the center resonator and exhaust flap trickster pigtails (keeps the flaps open all the time). The SQ7 sounds amazing, love the '20 redesign and you built it very well in my opinion. Enjoy !
Old 07-30-2020, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts

I have a 2018 Q5 Prestige with a bunch of options (warm weather, cold weather, etc.) and 19,000 miles later I am still in love with it. My Q5 needed a wheel alignment right away (it was a common issue from what I read on this forum) and there was a recall for some of the wheel arch trim, but that's it. It rides so nice and in Sport mode (I use it for the highway) I have to check my speed as I find you can go fast pretty darn easily.

Congrats on your purchase!