Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

OBDEleven scan results

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default OBDEleven scan results

OK, this is a new guy question... I tried searching forums for some insight but I’m clearly not searching the right terms.

Just bought a CPO Q5. (First Audi ever...)

I also bought an OBDEleven from DAP so I could read codes to monitor the health of my new ride and maybe even take a whack at enabling active lane assist once I got familiar with the unit.

So this morning I run my first scan on the car (that I’ve only driven 800 miles since delivery)and it throws out 6 faults! All of them listed intermittent.

Brakes-Right Rear Tire-Tire Pressure Warning-flat tire Fault code C105B00-intermittent
Brakes-Multi Axis Acceleration Sensor Module “A” Fault code C052000-Intermittent
Air Conditioning Heated Left Rear Seat Electrical Error Fault Code B111701-Intermittent
Gateway-Energey management active Fault Code U140B00-Intermittent
Comfort System-Databus missing message Fault Code U112100 Intermittent
Telematics-Control Module incorrectly coded Fault Code U101400-Intermittent

Also, the when I click on the “Garage” icon in the iOS app (I have an android phone arriving tomorrow that will get dedicated to the OBDEleven...)
Under Faulty CU it lists:
Faulty CU
Control Unit
03 Brakes
Passive Faults

Under Full Scan it shows 30 control units with a fault count of 6 (they’re listed above)

Should I reset these and see if they return? And should I be a little alarmed that a vehicle which supposedly just went through a 300 point CPO inspection should show so many faults?

On a more humorous note, it also freaked me out initially when the OBDEleven showed a mileage of 10744–until I figured out it was showing me kilometers while I live in a mile country...
Old 05-18-2020, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 397 Likes on 282 Posts

Take my input with a grain of sand as I'm not a mechanic or expert. That said, this seems pretty normal. Intermittent errors show up regularly. Anytime there is a communications glitch of any sort, these show up. If you are not getting any Virtual Cockpit messages, I wouldn't be concerned.

Your plan to clear and watch if they come back is a good one in my opinion. Before you clear the errors, email the results of a scan to yourself so you have record of it. There's lots you can do with the OBDEleven. Search this forum - lots of coding examples. Even if they come back, it doesn't mean there is a problem.

I had major glitches at one point that did show up on the VC. Sent a scan to the dealer. Then visited the dealer. They basically said unless it is a current problem (still happening), the codes won't mean much because stuff (communications glitches) happen.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts

You think that's bad, I bought my Q5 new, had like 14 miles on it, and it had around 11 faults first time I scanned it with OBD11. I cleared them all and most have never come back. I still continue to get a Databus Missing Message error, Control module incorrectly coded, and something about emergency call module intermittent error. Oh well.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 352 Likes on 276 Posts

Since everything communicates on the CAN bus, power glitches, etc can cause spurious faults. If they are substantial, they will trigger the CEL until cleared.

Mine has a ton as well, so I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So curious what changes your planning on with the OBD11.....
Old 05-18-2020, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

First, thanks for all the replies. The explanations I’ve heard from you all make sense. I’ve cleared the codes and will see if they reappear, I guess if there is an accompanying malfunction with the vehicle it will point me (or, um, my mechanic...)in the right direction.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by stumpie
So curious what changes your planning on with the OBD11.....
I think I’d like to have the doors auto lock when the doors are closed and key fob outside the vehicle—after a period of time. I’m not sure I if the delay is easily programmable though. Also, I’d like to turn on the active lane assist or at least a lane departure warning. I understand that my model (2019 Premium Plus) has all the hardware already installed as part of the “pre sense city”
Old 05-19-2020, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I've driven a car w/ Active Lane Assist and didn't like it at all. It had a "Big Brother is Watching You" vibe. Too creepy. A rental Kia. No desire to turn that one, available or not. To each his own.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hammergjh
I've driven a car w/ Active Lane Assist and didn't like it at all. It had a "Big Brother is Watching You" vibe. Too creepy. A rental Kia. No desire to turn that one, available or not. To each his own.
Well, I’ve driven my daughters 2018 Subaru Crosstrek and I didn’t like the way active lane assist worked there. I’ve activated the lane assist in my Q5 and adjusted it to the least intrusive settings. So far I’ve only driven it about town and for some quick highway jaunts. It is far superior to the system in the 2018 Subaru and I suspect I’m going to leave it activated. I also had a 2015 Outback with the “eyesight system” that had adaptive cruise control, (passive?) lane assist that only beeped if you crossed a line un signaled, and brake assist. I used the adaptive cruise control on that, but truth be told I didn’t really like it the way it operated,I had to live with a system that often didn’t adjust it’s speed very gracefully when “adapting”. I used the adaptive cruise control really just to keep me from getting speeding tickets. The Audi drives so much nicer I know that I am again in the zone for a speeding ticket...I did like having the brake assist but in 100,000 miles it never activated, nor was it needed—but it would engage occasionally when I pulled into my garage space a little too aggressively where there were bikes suspended from the ceiling that would overhang the hood of the car. When I bought this car, brake assist was a requirement in my mind and I got it, even if it is only active below 50mph. I would have liked ACC, but the cars with that were all at least $6000-$7000 more due to trim packages required. If I had it I’m sure I’d use it. But the lane assist! That’s the one that told me in the Subaru when I was getting real tired...when I started getting a lot of lane deviations, I knew it was time to rest. I’d have been just happy (maybe happier) if the Audi had only made an audible tone and shook the steering wheel when I deviated from a lane.