Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Plastic Keyfob MMI code - how vital?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 10:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Plastic Keyfob MMI code - how vital?

Folks,
Just got a Premium Plus Q5, however vehicle was transported from another dealer 90 miles away and the plastic keyfob with the code to enter into the MMI never made it with the car. So dealer ordered another one, however the code when entering into the MMI is not getting registered. Seems this new keyfob code is not paired with my Q5 MMI. Been bugging the sales guy to fix this issue, however he is quiet slow and says it is only important to remote lock/unlock the car and use the MMI app on the smartphone. Anyone know what is the correct way to get the new plastic keyfob with the code registered to the MMI in my car? Is a call to the mothership warranted for this to happen or should I just continue bugging the dealer sales person until this issue is reconciled. Thanks!
Old 07-11-2018, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by fljoemon
Folks,
Just got a Premium Plus Q5, however vehicle was transported from another dealer 90 miles away and the plastic keyfob with the code to enter into the MMI never made it with the car. So dealer ordered another one, however the code when entering into the MMI is not getting registered. Seems this new keyfob code is not paired with my Q5 MMI. Been bugging the sales guy to fix this issue, however he is quiet slow and says it is only important to remote lock/unlock the car and use the MMI app on the smartphone. Anyone know what is the correct way to get the new plastic keyfob with the code registered to the MMI in my car? Is a call to the mothership warranted for this to happen or should I just continue bugging the dealer sales person until this issue is reconciled. Thanks!

I would address this with the sells or service manager at the dealership you made the purchase. As I have just recently purchased the connected app from Audi I was informed that only a dealer can verify the code for you but I was also under the assumption that this is only for the app not a keyfob. Regardless even if you call Audi directly they will just tell you to go back to your dealer and work with them after Audi will have a short conversation with them. Helpful especially with this brand I have experienced same when I was looking for my car. Good luck and remember there’s always a other dealer that may not be as local to you but they will be willing to earn your business .
Old 07-11-2018, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would just be worried about that poor level of service you are receiving.

This is telling of what you can expect if your car has any other issues.

You paid for the features of the car, so you should get those features.

I would not settle for any excuses, regardless of what some salesman (who doesn't want to do any more work after a sale) tries to give you.