Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Prestige VS Premium Plus

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2022, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Prestige VS Premium Plus

For those that have the Prestige package on their car do you feel like its worth it over the Premium Plus?
Old 01-19-2022, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, for my location, headlight washers and better lighting make it worth it. The other features are also nice.
Old 01-19-2022, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

People who paid for the Prestige are going to be inclined to tell you it's worth it, and people with P+ will tell you why that's the sweet spot. Take it all with a grain of salt and decide what your must haves are. My decision was easy as P+ was all I could find when buying. I am very happy with the trim level. The upgraded stereo and ventilated seats would be nice to have, but possibly not for a $6k difference. I use Waze for Nav, have another car with HUD that I have turned off and never use, and don't care too much about headlights with functionality crippled in the US. The good thing is that the trims are the same mechanically and performance wise. You can't really go wrong. YMMV
The following 4 users liked this post by gabatta:
dr@g0n (01-20-2022), gary135r (01-19-2022), Swim (01-19-2022), TeamNLV (01-19-2022)
Old 01-19-2022, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should note, here in Canada, the packages are named differently and may be spec’ed differently. Our top package is called Technik, not Prestige.
Old 01-19-2022, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I had a 2020 PP, which I liked but my 2022 Prestige was worth the extra money to me. I'm not sure what others mean when they say the headlights functionality is limited - these are the best headlights I've ever had on a vehicle. I also find the seats to be more comfortable than the ones on my 2020 PP. The HUD is nice to have but not a critical item, although seeing the nav directions displayed in front of my eyes while driving reduces the distraction of shifting my vision back and forth between the road and the MMI, or even the dashboard display. I also like the wheels on the Prestige better than the wheels on the PP, but of course that is a matter of personal taste. Overall, I'm happy I decided to spend the additional money.
The following users liked this post:
Swim (01-19-2022)
Old 01-19-2022, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 311 Likes on 235 Posts

There were features that I wanted in the prestige that they did not have on the Premium Plus. So when I went shopping that is what I wanted. Maybe things have changed since 2018. I know one of the things was a safety feature like birds eye view or maybe side assist. but I don't remember which one. Also, I wanted the head up display. There were others, but I don't remember them.
If the PPlus had the things I wanted, I would have gotten that. It is up to what you want.
Old 01-19-2022, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Are the suspensions the same. I have a 2021 Prestige loaner and it seems to handle more like my 2018 A4 than my 2018 Q5 or did they change suspension tuning with the refresh. Also the Bang Olufsen radio can be had on the Prem+ as an option
Old 01-19-2022, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by batchelor22
I should note, here in Canada, the packages are named differently and may be spec’ed differently. Our top package is called Technik, not Prestige.
Vorsprung durch technik

batchelor22 (01-20-2022)
Old 01-19-2022, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ribeye
There were features that I wanted in the prestige that they did not have on the Premium Plus. So when I went shopping that is what I wanted. Maybe things have changed since 2018. I know one of the things was a safety feature like birds eye view or maybe side assist. but I don't remember which one. Also, I wanted the head up display. There were others, but I don't remember them.
If the PPlus had the things I wanted, I would have gotten that. It is up to what you want.
From all the negative comments about the ventilated seats, it swayed me towards the PP. The aggressive bolsters to me was an issue, and my wife and I rented the PP last summer and traveled many miles with the standard seats and we both found them comfortable for long trips.

Old 01-19-2022, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 311 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by gary135r
From all the negative comments about the ventilated seats, it swayed me towards the PP. The aggressive bolsters to me was an issue, and my wife and I rented the PP last summer and traveled many miles with the standard seats and we both found them comfortable for long trips.
I did not like the bolsters either, so I got one without the ventilated sport seats. Not ventilated, but not a big deal for me. I have had them in the past, but usually forgot to turn them on. I don't know if you can still get a prestige without the ventilated seats or not, but you could in 2018.
gary135r (01-19-2022)

Quick Reply: Prestige VS Premium Plus