Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Q5 custom courtesy door lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2020, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Q5 custom courtesy door lights

Can I add courtesy door lights to 2021 Q5?
I do not see any light projected by the door, however hardware seems to be there. I am not sure about the wiring..
Old 12-28-2020, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 245 Likes on 189 Posts

Not sure about what you mean with hardware but if you have lights in the doors you can swap the plain LED lights with the projection LED lights. Prestige in the US has them in all 4 doors. If the lights are missing then so is the wiring and the project gets a little more complicated.
Old 12-28-2020, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 213 Likes on 174 Posts

You mean replace the reflectors with actual LED lights?

The following users liked this post:
Kranknhank (11-19-2023)
Old 12-28-2020, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think he may be asking about the door puddle light with Audi emblem reflecting on the ground...??
Old 12-28-2020, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

The warning lights can be retrofit if the puddle lights are present (or vices versa). See this post, they fit the Q5 also.

I got the kit from Eric for my A4 B9 and just moved them over, no need to remove the door panels, just fish the wire from the bottom light to the rear light (or vice versa). The kit came with light bulbs that the door control unit doesn't like at all. I replaced them with
these these
and it works just fine. The reflectors come out by pushing the top down and then out. Might be a tight fit but a sharp knife fixes that.

The puddle lights are hard to see unless it's dark, especially if they are not the projector kind. But looking form the bottom at the door you should see them.

Last edited by DirkM; 12-28-2020 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-28-2020, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 213 Likes on 174 Posts

Mine are from Eric as well. He must have the bulb issue sorted out now. Installed mine a month or so ago and no codes or issues.
Old 12-28-2020, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DubaiRich
I think he may be asking about the door puddle light with Audi emblem reflecting on the ground...??
You are correct.
unfortunately, on Canadian Technik, I do not have puddle led, so most likely the wiring would have to be retrofitted...
Old 12-28-2020, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by VirTERM
You are correct.
unfortunately, on Canadian Technik, I do not have puddle led, so most likely the wiring would have to be retrofitted...
I am going to check again, to be honest I did not check at night time
Old 12-29-2020, 02:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

In Canada, the entry LED S logo is a factory option but "only usable in combination with light package or front and rear ambient lighting". If you "build" a Q5 Technik without any other option, the PDF shows as standard equipment the "Multicolour Contour and Ambient LED interior lighting package" under Light packages and that package includes the illuminated outside door handles and puddle lights in all 4 doors.

A you certain that there are no lights in the bottom of the door panels? They are not very bright and invisible during the day, especially if they are not the projection LED kind.
Old 12-29-2020, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DirkM
In Canada, the entry LED S logo is a factory option but "only usable in combination with light package or front and rear ambient lighting". If you "build" a Q5 Technik without any other option, the PDF shows as standard equipment the "Multicolour Contour and Ambient LED interior lighting package" under Light packages and that package includes the illuminated outside door handles and puddle lights in all 4 doors.

A you certain that there are no lights in the bottom of the door panels? They are not very bright and invisible during the day, especially if they are not the projection LED kind.
I do have them and indeed they are barely visible but they lit on

Quick Reply: Q5 custom courtesy door lights