Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Recall for 2022 Audi Q5 (Recent news)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2022, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Had my 2022 Q5 (approx. 14k miles on the odometer) in today for the inspection. No problem found. Service Manager said that they had conducted about 50 inspections so far but haven't found a single one showing metal in the oil filter. He also said that Audi says if you haven't experienced a problem in the first 4k miles, you are likely okay.
The following 2 users liked this post by n1128q:
Chasboland (11-01-2022), SpecialK_ID (11-01-2022)
Old 11-01-2022, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No one has any information on how long the engine replacement will take from ordering it to installation?
Old 11-02-2022, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Had my recall inspection done this morning. Took a little over an hour. All good. This dealer hasn’t seen one come back with the issue yet.

On a side note, I’ve been a little underwhelmed by the engine performance in this thing. Today I got on it few times on the way to the dealer. Dynamic and manual shift. If you ask it to go, it’ll go. Was a fun drive.
Old 11-04-2022, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bxr1200
Had my recall inspection done this morning. Took a little over an hour. All good. This dealer hasn’t seen one come back with the issue yet.

On a side note, I’ve been a little underwhelmed by the engine performance in this thing. Today I got on it few times on the way to the dealer. Dynamic and manual shift. If you ask it to go, it’ll go. Was a fun drive.
spoke too soon. The recall check is bogus. I’m sitting a parking lot at 1300 miles . My engine sounds like a box of rocks and has a loping idle. Needless to say I’m pretty pissed.
Old 11-04-2022, 04:10 PM
TJK
AudiWorld Member

Received 203 Likes on 144 Posts

spoke too soon. The recall check is bogus. I’m sitting a parking lot at 1300 miles . My engine sounds like a box of rocks and has a loping idle. Needless to say I’m pretty pissed.
well I guess to be fair, it could be something else right? Please do post back once you’ve gotten to the bottom of it. And good luck!
Old 11-04-2022, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TJK
well I guess to be fair, it could be something else right? Please do post back once you’ve gotten to the bottom of it. And good luck!
pretty sure it’s this. When I started it there was a faint clanking. Very faint. Thought maybe it was a cold engine thing I’d never noticed. Only drove a couple miles headed to Starbucks and ticking got louder and louder. Diverted to a grocery store parking lot and as I drove through there it started to sound like a rattling box of large rocks. Engine was starting to hesitate and idle was uneven. Called my wife to warn her and she could hear it over the phone from inside the car. Had all the ear marks of this issue. Pretty sure I was a few hundred feet driving from full failure. It manifested very quickly.

Took a Lyft home and grabbed my truck to wait on a tow driver via Audi. Sales manager called and told me to look online to pick another off the lot, but now I’m a little afraid of this motor…. So maybe an SQ is next if I can sell the wife on it.

We’ll see what happens. First world stuff.
Old 11-05-2022, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone get the repair done? anyone have an estimate on how long they will be without a car?
Old 11-05-2022, 03:44 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts

pretty sure it’s this. When I started it there was a faint clanking. Very faint. Thought maybe it was a cold engine thing I’d never noticed. Only drove a couple miles headed to Starbucks and ticking got louder and louder. Diverted to a grocery store parking lot and as I drove through there it started to sound like a rattling box of large rocks. Engine was starting to hesitate and idle was uneven. Called my wife to warn her and she could hear it over the phone from inside the car. Had all the ear marks of this issue. Pretty sure I was a few hundred feet driving from full failure. It manifested very quickly.

Took a Lyft home and grabbed my truck to wait on a tow driver via Audi. Sales manager called and told me to look online to pick another off the lot, but now I’m a little afraid of this motor…. So maybe an SQ is next if I can sell the wife on it.

We’ll see what happens. First world stuff.
Nice of the dealer to offer to swap out the car.
Old 11-05-2022, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Harplayr
Nice of the dealer to offer to swap out the car.
I agree. I just kept a cool head when I called. Not the fault of anyone I’d have contact with. Not a normal circumstance. If the dealer can help me make it right then it’s all good. Just a major inconvenience. Like I told the tow driver, if that’s the worst thing to happen to me yesterday I’m still doing pretty good.

Where I’d have issue is if they make me wait a month for a new motor with no loaner. Wife hates. With a capital H, driving my Chevy 1 ton. But, so far, it appears the dealer is on my side here..so far.
Old 11-05-2022, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 105 Likes on 77 Posts

What is is exactly that is causing this failure?. Does anyone know?

Last edited by ronsc1985; 11-05-2022 at 09:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Recall for 2022 Audi Q5 (Recent news)