Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

SQ5 Acceleration time

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

XXXhp? That's 6hp less than my 1960 VW had.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by patmurphey
XXXhp? That's 6hp less than my 1960 VW had.
I saw what you did there.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wires
What I can tell you is with the DTUK tuner on my SQ5, it has the same acceleration as a stock BMW 340 sedan (from 0 to 110mph).

More power is always better, so nah, a RSQ5 wouldn't be a waste!
okay, that was taken little out of context... the sq5 is definitely better than the Q5! But, even an rsq5 is no 911. A sports car is a sports car. It’s nice to have a very fast suv, but driving dynamics on a 2 door sports coupe is better, even if given less hp.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Abhi Rao

okay, that was taken little out of context... the sq5 is definitely better than the Q5!
That is your opinion. Many others differ otherwise there would not be any sales of Q5's.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 397 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Abhi Rao

But, even an rsq5 is no 911. A sports car is a sports car. It’s nice to have a very fast suv, but driving dynamics on a 2 door sports coupe is better, even if given less hp.
I wouldn't argue with that. But most of us chose an SUV over the 2 door coupe with some practicality and compromises in mind. I didn't expect it to drive like a 911 and I'm not going to the track, so I'm very happy with what it can do ... for an SUV. And as long as I've got an SUV, more HP is good. Being disappointed comes down to expectations. Guess that's what test drives are for. Of course, sometimes it takes living with something before knowing if it fits the bill - so I'm not knocking you for being disappointed. Clearly it's not for everyone. If you have the means, trade it in and get what brings you joy.

For myself, not sure I'd pay for an RSQ5 if all it added was HP - but it doesn't look like it's a choice any time soon.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by spindlewood
I wouldn't argue with that. But most of us chose an SUV over the 2 door coupe with some practicality and compromises in mind. I didn't expect it to drive like a 911 and I'm not going to the track, so I'm very happy with what it can do ... for an SUV. And as long as I've got an SUV, more HP is good. Being disappointed comes down to expectations. Guess that's what test drives are for. Of course, sometimes it takes living with something before knowing if it fits the bill - so I'm not knocking you for being disappointed. Clearly it's not for everyone. If you have the means, trade it in and get what brings you joy.

For myself, not sure I'd pay for an RSQ5 if all it added was HP - but it doesn't look like it's a choice any time soon.
Well said!
Old 11-21-2018, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Vancouver, BC w/ a 2018 SQ5 Technik, FULLY loaded. Wow, you can really put a lot of info in here!
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter John
That is your opinion. Many others differ otherwise there would not be any sales of Q5's.
Well, thats not true either. Most people its about the money difference. If you offered both at the same price you would sell about 9 Q's a year.

Originally Posted by Ron.S

Well said!
Totally agree.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SQuirelly5
Well, thats not true either. Most people its about the money difference. If you offered both at the same price you would sell about 9 Q's a year.

Totally agree.
In the US that may be the case. Wrong for many in the UK. I can replace my car every few months and not worry about the price. I am retired and can afford what I want when I want. There are others retired in the UK in a similar position. I just moved on from a BMW X3 xDrive30d M Sport with all bells and whistles. Found the seating uncomfortable.

Last edited by Peter John; 11-22-2018 at 12:50 AM.
Old 11-22-2018, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Vancouver, BC w/ a 2018 SQ5 Technik, FULLY loaded. Wow, you can really put a lot of info in here!
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Note that I said "MOST people" and that I was being facetious when I said "9 Q's a year". I know that some people want the smaller motor for fuel economy/enviro reasons.

Having said that, I still stand by my original statement. For MOST people it's about the money difference, and would select the SQ over the Q if priced the same.
You are the exception to the rule, my friend, because you are not the average Q/SQ buyer. I'm not trying to insult you or your purchase. I am more in the target demographic for this vehicle, middle aged professional with two kids. Hopefully, I will be able to still afford new vehicles when I retire, as you have done. I guess it all depends on how it goes with the kids lol, but nothing is certain these days.

Last edited by SQuirelly5; 11-22-2018 at 07:00 AM.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SQuirelly5
Note that I said "MOST people" and that I was being facetious when I said "9 Q's a year". I know that some people want the smaller motor for fuel economy/enviro reasons.

Having said that, I still stand by my original statement. For MOST people it's about the money difference, and would select the SQ over the Q if priced the same.
You are the exception to the rule, my friend, because you are not the average Q/SQ buyer. I'm not trying to insult you or your purchase. I am more in the target demographic for this vehicle, middle aged professional with two kids. Hopefully, I will be able to still afford new vehicles when I retire, as you have done. I guess it all depends on how it goes with the kids lol, but nothing is certain these days.
Yes. I understand where you are coming from. The Q5/SQ5 hits the spot for many people in many countries, that is the reason for such phenomenal sales. There is a shortage of new/nearly Q5's in the UK, so they have to be factory ordered. Not the same as the SQ5 as some months ago there were quite few new sitting around in dealerships waiting to be sold. Not sure if that is the case now as we have moved on a few months.

Quick Reply: SQ5 Acceleration time