Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

SQ5 auto Brake in Reverse

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

The auto braking is worse backing into a garage but can be mitigated by backing slowly with your foot on the brake. I found that when I was going a little fast it would trigger. Now I maintain a constant speed but slower and tap the brake when the lights start flashing. In over 3 years now I only had it happen once when I was in a hurry backing too fast.
If a door is ajar the parking brake will set when you stop...different thing.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2021 Q5 PHEV - auto braking during reverse

Hi,
I faced it twice in this week. 1st time I faced it when my family was in the car (in a public place parking area) and as expected, it scared us all, as if car hit something.
I was like searching for a ghost, nothing behind in back camera..everyone started looking all angles, did it hit anything surprisingly, that time I was not doing parking...just backing in the driveway of parking, basically there was nothing around the back area, for sensors to trigger!!!
Same happened again today during backing into garage. Almost everyday, i back into garage, 1st time it auto-braked.

Is this any sign of upcoming bigger issue? does it happens more & more, as it starts happening?

-----------------
2021 Q5e Premium Plus, District Green