Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Squeak from rear (in cabin)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 06:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeak from rear (in cabin)

Anyone have squeaky sounds coming from the rear? It can be easily replicated by driving on the bumps in the freeway. It's really loud and annoying.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:22 PM
TYJ
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Could you describe the squeak more specifically? The MKII (2018+) Q5 is known for its amazingly quiet ride so most likely something is amiss.
Old 10-06-2018, 08:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Because it's so quiet the squeak is even more annoying because the squeak is the only noise you hear. I don't know how to describe it, its one of those squeaks that you hear from a old rental cargo van/truck. I put the rear seats down and raised it back up and it went away temporarily but came back.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:32 AM
f10
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a loud rattle/squeak coming from the hatch area on my 2018 with only 5k miles on it. Dealer cant duplicate they say. Going to remove everything from the spare wheel area and see if I can narrow it down, but I still suspect its in the hatch.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ShinAsurada
Because it's so quiet the squeak is even more annoying because the squeak is the only noise you hear. I don't know how to describe it, its one of those squeaks that you hear from a old rental cargo van/truck. I put the rear seats down and raised it back up and it went away temporarily but came back.
Yeah I think I've got a couple of areas producing sounds like that myself. Not been able to track them down other than one actually came from the pano roof. Still noises in the rear I haven't traced to a location yet.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by f10
I have a loud rattle/squeak coming from the hatch area on my 2018 with only 5k miles on it. Dealer cant duplicate they say. Going to remove everything from the spare wheel area and see if I can narrow it down, but I still suspect its in the hatch.
The dealer seems to always say "can't duplicate". It's almost comic at this point.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Haha. I just started noticing this exact same squeak in my month old and came here to figure this out. I notice it while climbing kerbs and onto driveways especially if you are turning. Like going off a road and into a parking lot where there is a 3-4 inch climb.I'm not sure but suspect it is the moonroof window moving around on the rubber seal.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The creak or squeak noise you guys are mentioning especially when turning onto a driveway or bump sounds very similar to the notorious pano roof issue on the gen 1 SQ5s. Mine would rattle and would only go away in the tilt position. Dealer has to replace the entire pano frame but that fix only lasted a couple months before the noise came back. Hopefully it’s not the same issue, but if it is, I’d be reallly disappointed in Audi for not properly addressing this issue on gen 2 models.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i do have a series of 4 consecutive knocking sounds when making a hard right turn. dealer replaced rear right bushing(improved part) for me, but the sound still exists and now its louder. not sure whats wrong now
Old 10-09-2018, 08:01 AM
f10
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I removed everything under the rear cargo floor and it sounded like the noise stopped. I then replaced everything and lubed the hatch latch connection and it appears the noise has either gone away or is much less frequent. The subwoofer was making noise sitting on top of the spare, so that could be part of the issue, but the rattle still sounds like the hatch.

Quick Reply: Squeak from rear (in cabin)