Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Tire of Audi Q5?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2024, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 352 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by A4Audi4Fun
Any chance your tires had been over-inflated so that only the middle section was touching the ground. You say you have a tire guage so is the tread depth the same across the whole width of the tire?
Yup, They were always inflated to spec, treadwear was uniform until the suffered accelerated wear. I'm going to go for Audi asked for a lower cost tire option, Pirelli changed compounds on the inner surfaces (because, heh, you wouldn't hit those until the warranty is done, right?) that didn't have the same longitivty properties.

I was in a tire shop once talking to the guy and complaining about the Michelin MXM4's that came on our Acura about what a piece of garbage they were (didn't handle well dry, wet or snow). He said even though the name is the same, doesn't mean that the OEM tire = tire shop tire. I know on BMW, their desired spec tire gets a star stamped on the sidewall. Same model name, but will be listed as BMW star with the model. Those have compound changes to meet the performance and lifetime for a particular car model.