Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Trailer Hitch 2018 Q5

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 03:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2018 SQ5 came with the high installed right from the port. Looks great. But I haven’t used it yet.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron.S
I have the same factory Michelin All Seasons and they are good in winter but there is still a big improvement with Studless Snow. If you decide on another set of tires consider wheels also. I bought Michelin Xi2’s and nice looking wheels for less than $2000. On past vehicles it isn’t really that costly if you keep your vehicle long enough since both sets eliminate the need to replace tires at 30-40m miles.
have you also installed TPMS in the winter tires?
Old 07-06-2018, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by KaDeTime
have you also installed TPMS in the winter tires?
There is no TPMS sensor in Audi. It works by monitoring the revs-as a tire loses pressure the system recognizes the change. There is a relearn mode that can be used if you change tires or make a significant change in the pressure you run. I prefer the sensor like my GMC has because I can see all tire pressures and detect a slow leak.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

There is no TPMS sensor in Audi. It works by monitoring the revs-as a tire loses pressure the system recognizes the change. There is a relearn mode that can be used if you change tires or make a significant change in the pressure you run. I prefer the sensor like my GMC has because I can see all tire pressures and detect a slow leak.

thats is great news as I need winter tires and did not wanted to mess with the tire sensors
Old 07-07-2018, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

im now confused as I found the tpms for sale? Do the cars have them or not? Thanks

https://www.autorimshop.com/audi-sq5...CABEgJRtPD_BwE
Old 07-07-2018, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

im now confused as I found the tpms for sale? Do the cars have them or not? Thanks

https://www.autorimshop.com/audi-sq5...CABEgJRtPD_BwE
I don’t know about all Audi’s but my 2018 SQ5 does not have them. I doubt any late model has them. Check your owners manual or dealer for your model. You might get a laugh out of the Audi Parts guy if you call and ask for pricing.... I assume you could add them to the wheels but then you would need to buy something to read them.
Old 07-07-2018, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I don’t know about all Audi’s but my 2018 SQ5 does not have them. I doubt any late model has them. Check your owners manual or dealer for your model. You might get a laugh out of the Audi Parts guy if you call and ask for pricing.... I assume you could add them to the wheels but then you would need to buy something to read them.

thanks ill I’ll verify with Audi when I go for service.

thanks again
Old 07-07-2018, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Sydney - Australia. Been keeping the Pacific and Indian oceans apart since 1788
Received 114 Likes on 89 Posts

thanks ill I’ll verify with Audi when I go for service.
You don't need to wait for a service just contact your local parts department stating your VIN and they will explain that TPMS sensors are not compatible with the FY Q5/SQ5 models.
Old 07-07-2018, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Martigary
You don't need to wait for a service just contact your local parts department stating your VIN and they will explain that TPMS sensors are not compatible with the FY Q5/SQ5 models.

thanks thats great news
Old 09-25-2018, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigYahi
I’m having the same issue selecting a wiring adapter for our SQ5 that’s on order. We already have a Prodigy P2 in our current Explorer that I’d like to reuse. I too came to the conclusion that the Audi Curt controller still needs an adapter that no one seems to sell or specify.

I ran into the eBay listing below and wanted to know if anyone had bought one. Looks like what I would make myself, but neater. I’d like to go this route because I can keep my existing controller.
Did you ever figure this out? I have a Q5 with the factory tow hitch. I need to buy a brake controller and get it hooked up.

Did you get your prodigy p2 hooked up with your sq5? And did you use the ebay harness?

Quick Reply: Trailer Hitch 2018 Q5