Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Update your Nav to 2018 maps

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

That was my experience. So, I downloaded EVERYTHING using my desktop and then transferred it with an SD card. Takes a long time.
Old 07-29-2018, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need a fast connection. 20 minutes to download to my computer, and another 20 minutes for the sd transfer to the car. Worked great.
Old 07-29-2018, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Winter Cabriolet
You need a fast connection. 20 minutes to download to my computer, and another 20 minutes for the sd transfer to the car. Worked great.
^^ +1 Identical experience when I recently downloaded and transferred the latest version 2018/2019 full NAR update files to my car.

Last edited by rbreeze; 12-02-2018 at 04:19 AM.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don’t even see the option to downlaod

Hi. When I log into my Audi, I only see the option to send destinations from Google to my car. And that won’t work because it says my car isn’t connected (yet all of Audi connect works fine, online destinations etc.). There is no ability to move the right arrow and I don’t have any download option. Mine is a 2017 SQ5 and I have never updated my maps as of this time. Any ideas?
Old 10-07-2018, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ggalat
Hi. When I log into my Audi, I only see the option to send destinations from Google to my car. And that won’t work because it says my car isn’t connected (yet all of Audi connect works fine, online destinations etc.). There is no ability to move the right arrow and I don’t have any download option. Mine is a 2017 SQ5 and I have never updated my maps as of this time. Any ideas?
Have you had the car 6 months and the subscription expired? If not maybe your dealer forgot to set it up at purchase. You can do it manually-refer to earlier posts in this thread.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ron.S

Have you had the car 6 months and the subscription expired? If not maybe your dealer forgot to set it up at purchase. You can do it manually-refer to earlier posts in this thread.
I have had the car since December 2016, but have had an active subscription the entire time (all online services work, real time traffic, etc) . I’m fine doing it manually, but don’t even see an option to download the files from myAudi.com
Old 10-07-2018, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

ggalat, FYI.. you're posting in the MKII Q5/SQ5 forum, and not in the MKI (8R) Q5/SQ5 forum. You did say you have a 2017 SQ5, and I assume it's a MKI vehicle.
With that said, you should see a tab in MyAudi entitled 'Features' - within Features you should see an option to download the latest map update software. Then again, I don't know your location in the world and your MyAudi content may be presented differently compared to what I see in Canada.

Last edited by rbreeze; 10-07-2018 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks? Assuming the average guy (which I am knows the difference (or cares) between an MKI or MKIi is pretty arrogant. I did a google search for “updating the maps in my 2017 Audi SQ5” and landed on this thread. Excuse the hell out of me for my ignorance of things beyond the year make and model of my car. SMDH.

Amd, I’m the grand old USA, using AT&T for Audi connect.
Old 10-07-2018, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks? Assuming the average guy (which I am knows the difference (or cares) between an MKI or MKIi is pretty arrogant. I did a google search for “updating the maps in my 2017 Audi SQ5” and landed on this thread. Excuse the hell out of me for my ignorance of things beyond the year make and model of my car. SMDH.

I think he mentioned the Gen of your vehicle because there are some major differences and you might get better advice in MK 1. As an aside I just tried the manual update and it didn’t work. I got through the download part but can tell from the file size that something went wrong. Always seems to be an issue with even simple things.
Good Luck!
Old 10-07-2018, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think his response was quite tamed compared to yours. And he actually tried to help, so on behalf of him, you're welcome. Lighten up and/or take that attitude elsewhere.

Quick Reply: Update your Nav to 2018 maps