Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Update your Nav to 2018 maps

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2020, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Same here... update done for new england states over MMI... took about 15 mins... very simple and easy!
Old 08-28-2020, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ribeye
OK, so I tried to update OTA. When I search for updates, it comes up that there is a map update and FL (I live in Florida) is checked. then there is selection to pick other areas. All the areas are checked and you can pick them if you want, But I just checked the Fl one. But nowhere could I find how to start the download. When you guys get this figured out, let me know..
After you've checked the updates you want you need to go back two pages to the original update page and it will give you the option to Update Now.
Old 08-28-2020, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 311 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by BarneyM
After you've checked the updates you want you need to go back two pages to the original update page and it will give you the option to Update Now.
Thanks, I will give it a try. I am pretty sure I did that, but I am an old fart and who the hell knows what I did. Thanks....
Old 08-29-2020, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts

Is anyone with CONNECT PRIME able to download updates via MMI after the initial 2 years?
Old 08-29-2020, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter VIP
Is anyone with CONNECT PRIME able to download updates via MMI after the initial 2 years?
My car is over 2 1/2 years old (Jan 2018) and the MMI just offered a map update on its own. I accepted the download. I have Audi Connect Prime.
Old 08-29-2020, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 311 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by BarneyM
Thanks, I was able to update three areas. They tell me I have reached my limit. I guess I Audi does not want me to drive too far north.
I find that to be another way Audi sticks it to you. Free updates for 2 1/2 years.... But only for part of the country????? They should put this back on line.
Old 09-13-2020, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Maps Update is Buggy

After I updated the USA maps database on September 2020, the system no longer can access the database. Furthermore, for a while after downloading the database, the display shows the European circular symbol for speed limits and then displays the USA-Canada rectangular signage.

Any thoughts on how to correct these issues?

After updating maps, system shows European speed limit sign and then shows USA-Canada speed limit sign.

After updating database, maps cannot be displayed.
Old 09-13-2020, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 398 Likes on 282 Posts

The European speed sign is normal and our cars auto load that way until the Audi figures out where you are, probably via GPS.

The other error looks like a dealer visit to me
Unless perhaps if you have an old download of the maps.
Old 09-13-2020, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by SLLAuWo
After I updated the USA maps database on September 2020, the system no longer can access the database. Furthermore, for a while after downloading the database, the display shows the European circular symbol for speed limits and then displays the USA-Canada rectangular signage.

Any thoughts on how to correct these issues?
^ SLLAuWo, it seems like your map database has become corrupted somehow. As 'spindlewood' has alluded to, you may be able to resolve the problem by installing a previous update of the map database. As info I have the full North America map database version 2019-2020 uploaded to my Google Drive folder - it totals about 12.5 GB. If you're interested I can provide permission to you to download the database from my folder. If you'd like to have it send me a private message and include your email address.
- Richard
Old 09-15-2020, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Today a service writer at my Audi dealer told me today that other Audi motorists have brought their Audis for service because of the buggy map update. Free installation of the new software from an SD memory card takes about two hours and is verified electronically by a technician. Perhaps the trouble is localized to my region, Arizona—New Mexico.

Software always has bugs. Nonetheless, one would expect Audi to do better. Furthermore, the update has no on-screen instructions; that's bad design.

Quick Reply: Update your Nav to 2018 maps