Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Warm Weather Package

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warm Weather Package

Living in Southern California, it would seem to be a good idea to order the Warm Weather Package for my 2018 Q5. However, IMHO the only really useful feature here is the ventilated seats. As part of the package, we also get Sport Seats, and this is where I need help. I cannot find a 2018 Q5 in my area that actually has the WWP, so I can't judge the comfort of the sport seats for myself. So, I'd appreciate comments on one or both of the following questions:

1. Are the 2018 Q5 sport seats less or more comfortable than the standard seats? To me, the standard seats are not great, but are the sport seats any better comfort-wise?

2. Is there another Audi model that has the exact same sport seats as the 2018 Q5? So far, no salesman (or saleslady) has been able to answer this question, but one did claim that the sport seats in the SQ5 were not the same as those in the Q5.

Thanks for your input.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When we drove he Q5 the first time it had the standard seats and we ruled it out because of that alone. Like everything else but the seats are something you use every time you drive. Went back and tried a car with warm weather package and it sealed the deal. Very comfy and the ventilation is proving a real bonus as it warms up here. I can confirm the seats are not the SQ5 seats.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by stuven
Living in Southern California, it would seem to be a good idea to order the Warm Weather Package for my 2018 Q5. However, IMHO the only really useful feature here is the ventilated seats. As part of the package, we also get Sport Seats, and this is where I need help. I cannot find a 2018 Q5 in my area that actually has the WWP, so I can't judge the comfort of the sport seats for myself. So, I'd appreciate comments on one or both of the following questions:

1. Are the 2018 Q5 sport seats less or more comfortable than the standard seats? To me, the standard seats are not great, but are the sport seats any better comfort-wise?

2. Is there another Audi model that has the exact same sport seats as the 2018 Q5? So far, no salesman (or saleslady) has been able to answer this question, but one did claim that the sport seats in the SQ5 were not the same as those in the Q5.

Thanks for your input.
I have the warm weather package in the '18 Q5. It also adds a built in manual shade for the rear windows which, with an infant, we find useful.
However the main reason we opted for this was for the sports seats. they are not the same as the sq5. they are not even the same as my older S5 that I traded in. But they provide a good amount of comfort and support and we have been happy with them overall.
Not easy to find in test drives though, and I do admit that I ended up going for the warm weather without having sat in the sports seats they offer. Ended up being worth it though.
Old 06-03-2017, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NoMoreSwede
When we drove he Q5 the first time it had the standard seats and we ruled it out because of that alone. Like everything else but the seats are something you use every time you drive. Went back and tried a car with warm weather package and it sealed the deal. Very comfy and the ventilation is proving a real bonus as it warms up here. I can confirm the seats are not the SQ5 seats.
Thank you. This is just the kind of information I was looking for.
Old 06-03-2017, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

I was told that the Sport Seats in the 2017 A4 with Warm Weather Package are identical to the ones in the 2018 Q5 WWP. Can anyone confirm this? They certainly look the same.
Old 06-03-2017, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by stuven
I was told that the Sport Seats in the 2017 A4 with Warm Weather Package are identical to the ones in the 2018 Q5 WWP. Can anyone confirm this? They certainly look the same.
I did order the Sport Package in my 2107 3.0T since I wanted the sport seats and the Audi Drive Select. I can not say how my sport seats compare to what is being offered in the 2018, but no regrets for me. They are so much better than what came as standard seats in the 2.0T. My seats look identical to one of the other threads here where (Show off your New Q5, page 8) there photos of the interior of a Q5 with the warm weather package.

Last edited by auntrout; 06-03-2017 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the sports seats! I am a big guy 6'4" and 220 lbs and they hug me without making me uncomfortable. Much better than the standard seats in my opinion. I was first going to get standard but than read how someone hated the standard seats after one week and was lucky my dealer had a Q5 with the sport seats for me to try. Great seats with added benefit of cooling in the summer and the side shades.