Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Wrong order

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrong order

I ordered a Q5 Prestige 4 months ago and it finally came in, but the sunroof was missing.
The dealer is willing to give me a discount, but how would that affect re-sale value?
Would you take the wrong SUV or wait another 4 months?

FYI: Still very difficult to find the exact configuration Q5 I want on the ground.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:46 AM
V0X
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

based on the noise from my pano sunroof, i'd be happy about the mistake.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:56 AM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UCDaHacker
I ordered a Q5 Prestige 4 months ago and it finally came in, but the sunroof was missing.
The dealer is willing to give me a discount, but how would that affect re-sale value?

FYI: Still very difficult to find the exact configuration Q5 I want on the ground.
Ugh!! Sorry to hear that. I would reorder and wait personally. That said, I really like the pano roofs and personally wouldn't purchase one without (new or used). Again, personal preference, I'm sure there are folks that hate the pano roofs (like my wife who constantly has the entire shade closed!).

Good Luck!
-tgt
Old 12-01-2017, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by V0X
based on the noise from my pano sunroof, i'd be happy about the mistake.
But does the sunroof rattle affect all Q5s?
Old 12-01-2017, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by tgt
Ugh!! Sorry to hear that. I would reorder and wait personally. That said, I really like the pano roofs and personally wouldn't purchase one without (new or used). Again, personal preference, I'm sure there are folks that hate the pano roofs (like my wife who constantly has the entire shade closed!).

Good Luck!
-tgt
I always have the shade closed and might even tint the roof. I like that it's there but I might open it 3 times a year.

If you can live and wait for what you really want, you should. Your paying good money.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by UCDaHacker

Sad to hear about your dilemma. It just irks me how dealers pay very little attention to detail to prevent issues such as this one. Preventing this problem is very easy and it depends on the character and attitude of the employees.

Concerning re-sale value, if you are planning to keep the Q5 for more than 6 years, I wouldn't bother about re-sale value. On the other hand, with global warming, people might start preferring one without a sunroof anyway.

If you are leasing it and plan to trade it in, you do not have to worry about resale value. The only time you may be concerned about re-sale value is when you plan to ditch it after a few years.

If you can live without a sunroof (I personally prefer not to have it), go for it. If not, order the vehicle you want and wait for it to arrive. That is, if you have the luxury of time.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by plat27265
Sad to hear about your dilemma. It just irks me how dealers pay very little attention to detail to prevent issues such as this one. Preventing this problem is very easy and it depends on the character and attitude of the employees.

Concerning re-sale value, if you are planning to keep the Q5 for more than 6 years, I wouldn't bother about re-sale value. On the other hand, with global warming, people might start preferring one without a sunroof anyway.

If you are leasing it and plan to trade it in, you do not have to worry about resale value. The only time you may be concerned about re-sale value is when you plan to ditch it after a few years.

If you can live without a sunroof (I personally prefer not to have it), go for it. If not, order the vehicle you want and wait for it to arrive. That is, if you have the luxury of time.
Yeah totally! I even emailed them before to make sure that it came with a sunroof!
Old 12-01-2017, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm curious how dealers can let these things happen. Was the sunroof delete on the build sheet when you ordered? Is this a factory mistake or a dealer clerical error? You're a trooper man. Waiting four months and running into this i wouldn't take it lightly....

But ultimately its a custom car... you should go with what you want without compromise!
Old 12-02-2017, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd order another...
Old 12-02-2017, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

While I thought my sunroof rattles, I found the problem stemmed from that SOS button. No discernable heat comes through the panoramic roof so I would worry about that part. I wouldn't purchase the SQ5/Q5 without the option given how nice it is to open on cool days.

Quick Reply: Wrong order