Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Wrong order

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sucks that your order wasn’t placed right, and yes dealers should make sure they go in correctly. But let’s not place all responsibility for an incorrect vehicle showing up after a 4 month wait on the dealer. If you are ordering a car to get exactly what you want, you should insist the dealer shows you the printout of exactly what was ordered. On my current SQ5 order, I had my SA print and send me the vehicle configuration details screen immediately after the order was entered into the system back in mid-September. And then once it was produced last week and showed up on the dealers website I verified once again that the vehicle coming is exactly what I ordered.

Should the dealer order order what you requested? Yes, of course. Should they re-order or compensate you? Yes, of course. But do either of those things get you the exact vehicle you wanted right now vs having to wait? Nope.

Last edited by SoonerJohn; 12-02-2017 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AudisticS5
I'm curious how dealers can let these things happen. Was the sunroof delete on the build sheet when you ordered? Is this a factory mistake or a dealer clerical error? You're a trooper man. Waiting four months and running into this i wouldn't take it lightly....

But ultimately its a custom car... you should go with what you want without compromise!
I saw the build sheet and it said "sunroof delete" 2 months in, which worried me so I contacted them telling that I never said to delete the sunroof.
They reassured me that all Prestiges come with a sunroof and that the sunroof delete was checked to not incur extra charges.
Lo and behold they were wrong!

I was trying so hard not to lose it and chew out the sales rep!
Old 12-02-2017, 04:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UCDaHacker
I saw the build sheet and it said "sunroof delete" 2 months in, which worried me so I contacted them telling that I never said to delete the sunroof.
They reassured me that all Prestiges come with a sunroof and that the sunroof delete was checked to not incur extra charges.
Lo and behold they were wrong!

I was trying so hard not to lose it and chew out the sales rep!
And you held back why??

Personally, I'd take the discount as my wife does't care for sunroofs and I these days have mixed emotions. But that's just me/us and I can't help but believe resale value will be affected.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ltxi
And you held back why??

Personally, I'd take the discount as my wife does't care for sunroofs and I these days have mixed emotions. But that's just me/us and I can't help but believe resale value will be affected.
Trying to control my rage!
Thanks for your input!
Old 12-03-2017, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UCDaHacker
I ordered a Q5 Prestige 4 months ago and it finally came in, but the sunroof was missing.
The dealer is willing to give me a discount, but how would that affect re-sale value?
Would you take the wrong SUV or wait another 4 months?

FYI: Still very difficult to find the exact configuration Q5 I want on the ground.
Mine come with sunroof and I love it, I recommend to you to reorder and wait.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Missing Sunroof

I love the sunroof in my Q5 and this wuld have been a deal breaker for me. If I had to wait another four months, I would want my dealer to give me a great deal. My Prestige Q5 showed up with the wrong colored wooden inlay and I decided that was not a big enough deal to wait four months but I love the sunroof. No rattles so far.