Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Anyone have these wheels? OEM 10 spokes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have these wheels? OEM 10 spokes?

I tried to google for pics but no luck. Looking to see how they look like on the Q.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Wheels-For-Audi-Q7-VW-Touareg-Sport-Alloy-Set-of-4-Rims-Caps-included-/151332557910?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item233c1f9456
Old 07-03-2014, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think those are true OEM Audi part numbered wheels. They look like replicas and there seem to be a lot of companies out there making these replica design wheels, not all of which are built to nearly the same level of quality. To me, particularly on a larger heavy vehicle like a Q7, the risk of a casting void or material flaw is probably too much of a risk with wheels like these.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

they are oem wheels...

4L0601025AD
or
4L0601025AD1H7

Front Size 20*10
Offset +44
Rear Size 20*10
Offset ET +44
Bolt Pattern 5x130
Hub Bore 71.6

Old 07-07-2014, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by iconoclast
they are oem wheels...

4L0601025AD
or
4L0601025AD1H7

Front Size 20*10
Offset +44
Rear Size 20*10
Offset ET +44
Bolt Pattern 5x130
Hub Bore 71.6

They may be OEM "Audi" replicas, but they are not genuine Audi factory wheels and that's part of the concern I would have with them when using on a Q7. There are certainly premium aftermarket wheel makers (i.e. BBS, Enkei, Borbet, OZ, etc.) out there that I would have no quality/durability issues with when using on a Q7, but these guys look to be one of many outfits selling the cheap generic stuff. They even have a disclaimer on their listing toward the bottom about these wheels are not approved or endorsed by the mfrs they reference for wheel fitments. They also leave themselves a lot of wiggle room on warranty and I'm not seeing anything for testing certifications.
They may be fine, but I'd be concerned about casting voids, alloy rigidity, and other material defects as I'm cruising down the road on them with 3+ tons of vehicle, people, luggage, etc.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by VAG-Fan1
They may be OEM "Audi" replicas, but they are not genuine Audi factory wheels and that's part of the concern I would have with them when using on a Q7.
i do not know what any of that means but i do know Audi sells those wheels. they have audi part numbers on on them. they're in Audi's own literature and brochures for the Q7, they were a factory option in other markets they were part of the USDM accessories catalog from Audi USA. there may be fakes or knock-offs of them but if the part number is stamped in them and they say made in germany they're the real ones or call up your local parts department with the part number and place an order if you have any doubt about items being fake.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by iconoclast
i do not know what any of that means but i do know Audi sells those wheels. they have audi part numbers on on them. they're in Audi's own literature and brochures for the Q7, they were a factory option in other markets they were part of the USDM accessories catalog from Audi USA. there may be fakes or knock-offs of them but if the part number is stamped in them and they say made in germany they're the real ones or call up your local parts department with the part number and place an order if you have any doubt about items being fake.
Sorry about the confusion- I'm not doubting that Audi makes the original design of this wheel and offers it in many markets. But, the actual wheels posted by the OP are "Audi" replicas not made by Audi or their contracted tier supplier (i.e. Ronal, OZ, BBS, etc.).
The OP linked an eBay listing for this company who makes replicas of original equipment mfr wheels:
http://ipw.bayspeedaerokit.com/wheels.asp?id=41&p=audi

The genuine Audi wheel part number you posted has a dealer list price of $816 per wheel and I know you rarely pay full list, but the eBay seller has the replicas listed at $740 for all 4 wheels.

The images of this wheel style you posted having the "4L0...." part number are indeed genuine OEM Audi wheels, which have been tested and received various EU/ISO certifications.

The wheels made (or Chinese sourced) by IPW almost certainly have not been QC tested to the same level. If they were, IPW would put this information on their site and it is nowhere to be found.

I'm not saying the OP is automatically going to have issues, but it won't surprise me if they bought these and had issues with these wheels more easily bending or not balancing out completely. That is the only concern I was trying to raise to the OP, so they didn't go into it thinking they were getting the same thing as a true Audi OEM wheel.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Expert

ah, my apologies... i misunderstood what you were saying... i thought you meant audi never made that style wheel and this was a knock-off. again, misunderstanding. sorry.