Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

My 2007 Audi Q7 4.2 Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2007 Audi Q7 4.2 Issues

I have used this forum as a resource to help diagnosis problems with my car over the past couple of months, and thought it would benefit others to add what I have encountered. I purchased the car in September of 2010...

1. Front wiper motor was weak and would not hold the blades in the down position upon shutting off car.
Fix: Replaced motor (Fixed under factory warranty)
Also replaced coil packs under Audi recall.

2. Volume control and amplifier issues. Loud buzzing, with volume control responding intermittently. Amp issue most likely caused by water leak from roof.
Fix: Replaced MMI control panel and amplifier (covered under extended warranty)

3. Water leaking into cargo area.
Fix: Replaced clogged sunroof drains. (Audi covered all)

4. Battery replaced at 40k - My dealership did it for 150 total. I think they have felt bad for all my issues.

5. Buzzing sound coming from center console at speeds above 35mph which increased with speed. Was not consistently happening, and every time I went to the dealership it would go away. Finally after they held my car for two days they found a bad drive shaft bearing.
Fix: Replacement of drive shaft. (covered under extended warranty $1300+)

New issues.......
6. Water in passenger side footwell
7. Rear wiper has mind of it's own, randomly goes on/off and gets stuck in random positions of the cycle.

Has anyone encountered these last two issues?
Old 05-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the same car. Wiper issues I can't help. Water on the floor of passenger side is a simple fix. The drain from the compressor has a vent in the car. When the drain gets kinked/blocked as it passes through to the outside, water from your AC overfills the line and spills out the vent. You can actually see it if you take off the panel under the dash. Should be a free fix. I think the heat shield has something to do with the kink. Keep an eye out for water under your car at the moonroof drains and the AC drain.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome, pity your username is soooooo long.
Are you aware that the wipers park up in cold weather (below 5 deg c or 41deg f) to prevent them freezing onto the bottom of the windscreen.
Every other park up they also lift a tiny bit to change the lean so you dont get wear that causes scrub or juddering.
Problems 2 and 3 were both the same cause. Audi later replaced the drain hoses and an improved sunroof to elimiate. Water leaking into the rear also can cause other apparently unrelated electric fails. Glad to hear they sorted it.
Engaging reverse automatically triggers the rear wiper if there is condensation or anything on the front wiper sensor. IE you may have front wipers not on auto setting and some dirt or a dead bug could be on the screeen over the sensor, its not triggering the front wipers but will trigger the rear once reverse is selected. On the other hand you may have a completely different problem. "Stuck in random positions" doesnt sound too good.

It all makes me think the original owner kept it in a garage so these problems did not surface in year one.

Link to wet floor from aircon (note: pics of my car = RHD so it will be on the other side for you)

please keep us updated with you problems or better still your solutions
Old 08-02-2011, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Update

I just got the car into the dealership last week and they have told me that the water on the passenger foot well is from a cracked sunroof frame. They originally said it would be $1,800 to have repaired. After some complaining they knocked 50% off the parts cost which would give me a $500 discount.

Is this a new problem or have people experienced this before? It seems odd that a sunroof frame would crack.....
Old 01-04-2012, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry I never checked back for a reply! It is well known with the early 2007 production. There have not been any problems with the replacement type. Most of them have been done very few crop up these days. I suspect your car was kept in a garage.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

We have a 2007 Q7 (one of the first off the line) have and are having many of the same problems:

1) We have twice had (and have had fixed) massive water at front passenger feet. One time didn't notice so molded under rubber floor mats
2) Cracked Sun Roof leaked water onto rear MMI amplifier. Telling me it is $2900 total.

We have have had lots of other stuff, too including a faulty oil pump and in the shop for 6 weeks just a couple months after we got it. I guess we should get an extended warrantee on it

Nate
Old 02-06-2012, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I just got the car back from the dealership who had it for two weeks replacing two valves after they were damaged when my cam angle sensor failed... It is seriously one thing after the other with this car.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default my two main issues

front brake rotors. replaced 7 times. i think it is the rain or water sensor not releasing.

rattle in the sun roof. they fix it and it comes back.

have not had the other issues.

peter
Old 02-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones! I've had none of the above issues or any other problems. I have an early 2007 4.2 Q7 with over 120,000 miles on it.
The following users liked this post:
Audi4-2 (02-12-2023)
Old 02-15-2012, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mozart
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones! I've had none of the above issues or any other problems. I have an early 2007 4.2 Q7 with over 120,000 miles on it.
I despise you.

Quick Reply: My 2007 Audi Q7 4.2 Issues