Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

[HELP] I messed up with MMI Tire Pressure + Some questions about VAG-COM

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [HELP] I messed up with MMI Tire Pressure + Some questions about VAG-COM

Hi,

So I've got my VAG-COM cable today and decided to play around. First, nicely I enabled the VIM (video in motion), (not for me, for the passenger fyi). Then I enabled the hidden menu and played around for a while. Sadly I don't remember what did I change there, when I go back to the car menu, the "Tire Pressure Monitoring" greyed out, it shown "The selected system is currently not available"

Basic information about my car:
Audi Q7 2012 3.0 TDI with MMI 3G (with Nav) (US Model), "Tire Pressure Monitoring" is available by default for sure (I stored default Tire Pressure Monitoring value when I first received my car)

Then I followed the steps at the article below to try to enable the menu again:
http://www.audienthusiasts.com/VagComABS.html

BUT: Step 1 Enable ABS Brake controller
Enter Security Code, I entered 61378 was a wrong code, probably because that was not the security code of Q7. However, there is no pop-up in VAG-COM software to tell me what is the correct security code.

Inside [17 - Instruments] [Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 4 Bit 0, the "Select Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPMS) installed" was checked by default when I read the value in VAG-COM

Below are screenshots of the hidden menu screen with TPMS enabled.

I have tried for a few hours without any luck to enable it again. Someone please kindly shed me some light on this problem.

I also have a few questions regarding VAG-COM and my MMI 3G. I tried to enable Battery level on my screen, but when I access my Car System menu, there is always just four default menu shown (as you see below)

I uploaded images with imageshack, if you don't see the images, please check attachments.

Attached Images      
Old 11-09-2012, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I also have another question related to the Radio. On my MMI (made for US car), it could search for odd channels only, for example 100.1, 100.3, 100.5...etc, it doesn't recognize even channels. Is there anyway I could change this in hidden menu or from VAGCOM? Thank you for taking a look
Old 05-03-2013, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have the same problem. What is your setting in the hidden menu for [carbusassignment] for TPMS?