Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

08 Q7 Premium Lease Return 21k miles $30k?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 90 Likes on 81 Posts
Default 08 Q7 Premium Lease Return 21k miles $30k?

Hello all,
I have 2 more payments before I have to return the car. I called for the purchase and Audi didn't give me any discount for the purchase price after the lease like my last A6. Is $28553.75 a good price for a 08 Q7 in March?
The truck has ipod, rear A/C, premium, 18" standard wheels 255/55x18.
I don't know if I should get a new one. I actually like my old simple look better.
The truck has been great, trouble free so far.

<a href="http://www.ltooz.com/ltooz341/category/audi-08-q7/blogid/1">08 Silver Q7</a>

Thanks,

Louis
Old 01-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, wish I could have paid that for ours.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Based on my experience with BMW Financial Services, you may have another route for a discount from the contracted residual value (purchase price) than Audi Financial Services. Although I was dealing with BMW FS and their contracts may be structured differently, three weeks ago when I returned my leased '08 BMW X3 with 7,100 miles to the dealership, during the turn-in the sales guy asked if I had considered buying it. I said I "might" be interested, and he immediately offered me $1,500 off the residual value if I wanted to buy it and I sensed there might be room for negotiation to get a bit more off. Of course my shiny new 2011 Q5 3.2L was sitting at the Audi dealer waiting for me so I politely declined. My old X3 is posted on the dealer website for $6k over the contract residual, and I see they have several used X3s on their website. Perhaps they didn't want another used one but I suspect there's play in the numbers, so you may want to have the conversation with the dealer to whom you'd be returning your Q7.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by S4forDC
Based on my experience with BMW Financial Services, you may have another route for a discount from the contracted residual value (purchase price) than Audi Financial Services. Although I was dealing with BMW FS and their contracts may be structured differently, three weeks ago when I returned my leased '08 BMW X3 with 7,100 miles to the dealership, during the turn-in the sales guy asked if I had considered buying it. I said I "might" be interested, and he immediately offered me $1,500 off the residual value if I wanted to buy it and I sensed there might be room for negotiation to get a bit more off. Of course my shiny new 2011 Q5 3.2L was sitting at the Audi dealer waiting for me so I politely declined. My old X3 is posted on the dealer website for $6k over the contract residual, and I see they have several used X3s on their website. Perhaps they didn't want another used one but I suspect there's play in the numbers, so you may want to have the conversation with the dealer to whom you'd be returning your Q7.

Wow, 7100 miles on an 08. If you don't mind me asking, what was the residual? Might be the fact that the new X3 is around the corner (here?), hence the eagerness to deal.

-ThinkMac-
Old 01-07-2011, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Louis,
To me that sounds like a great price especially if you like the vehicle. You can always check KBB, ebay, etc to see what they are going for. When our lease was up Audi Financial would not budge on the residual price at all. Went to the dealer to see what they could do and they were going to offer a slight discount on an Incredibly Outrageous CPO plan. I do not remember the exact figures but I think it was around $2800 to extend the warranty a year or something really ridiculous. I do not have any patience to talk with sales people so that was all I was really interested in hearing and leaving. After 3 years the Q only had 9k miles on it and there was no way I was going to turn it in-we really like the Q. Purchased it thru Audi Financial and never looked back, ended up purchasing the extended warranty thru AFS which 2 different dealership service managers recommended as well. Normally I do not purchase extended plans but some of the repairs I have read about are really expensive.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Grnmachine,
Can you tell me something about the extended warranty with AFS, please? How many years and mileage and how much did it cost you? What's the difference between AFS warranty and CPO warranty from the dealers?

Is 4.64% a good rate for used car that they offered me?

Thanks for sharing,

Louis

Last edited by ltooz_a6_a8_q7; 01-07-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Audi is offering 1.9% on CPO Q7s

- if you can go to your own source for financing can get a 2.99% rate from some Credit Unions and stretch out the term. That is a great residual by the way, but don't hesitate to ask for a discount. We tried to find a good pre-owned Q7 but there isn't anything with optins and low miles under $38K - and 2008 was the oldest we would go. Get the warranty! You may be able to talk the dealer into a 'turn-around' for you where they receive the car and certify it then turn it back to you. The Certification cost is mostly warranty unless your Q is in need of repairs.
Let us know how it goes for you!
Old 01-08-2011, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

TT thanks for the information,
We went to Audi & Acura dealers to confirm buying the car is what we want and...
We will buy our car, even the lease liaison encourage us to do so. We can get 3.9% and $1700 for CPO 6/100k miles from the dealer if 305 points checked out on our car (this is what concerns me). Tires are OK, brakes must be replaced if under a certain amount of thickness. Did anyone get the CPO on your truck and had to replace the brakes to pass?

Test drove the 2011 TSI, quieter but slower pick-up, no more engine roaring. The ride is a little bumpier IMO. My wife didn't even get in the new one because she doesn't like the new LED lights both front and rear.
It cost more to get the options that's comparable to our current car.

Test drove the 2011 MDX with the same options, smaller and seems to look busier inside. Seats are narrower IMO and after a block, I drove back, no need to drive any more, slower, bumpier, bouncier, noisier (not in a good sense like the roaring of Audi engine). It's uncomfortable and it was so nice getting back into the 3 year old Q7.

I don't even know why some people are even talk about MDX comparison in this forum, may be people don't care about being bouncing up/down over bumps, I do.

Purchase the car is the only option, only question is through whom AFS or Dealer.

Thanks all,

Louis
Old 01-09-2011, 01:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call AFS and ask them about their extended warranty to see if it compares. I do not remember the exact figure. The offer you got for CPO sounds decent. Please do not take my experience as you Cannot get a discount from the dealer, I did not mean to imply that. I purchased thru AFS and they do not discount according to the multiple reps I spoke with. I financed thru credit union so the paperwork was very easy.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ltooz_a6_a8_q7
TT thanks for the information,
We went to Audi & Acura dealers to confirm buying the car is what we want and...
We will buy our car, even the lease liaison encourage us to do so. We can get 3.9% and $1700 for CPO 6/100k miles from the dealer if 305 points checked out on our car (this is what concerns me). Tires are OK, brakes must be replaced if under a certain amount of thickness. Did anyone get the CPO on your truck and had to replace the brakes to pass?

Test drove the 2011 TSI, quieter but slower pick-up, no more engine roaring. The ride is a little bumpier IMO. My wife didn't even get in the new one because she doesn't like the new LED lights both front and rear.
It cost more to get the options that's comparable to our current car.

Test drove the 2011 MDX with the same options, smaller and seems to look busier inside. Seats are narrower IMO and after a block, I drove back, no need to drive any more, slower, bumpier, bouncier, noisier (not in a good sense like the roaring of Audi engine). It's uncomfortable and it was so nice getting back into the 3 year old Q7.

I don't even know why some people are even talk about MDX comparison in this forum, may be people don't care about being bouncing up/down over bumps, I do.

Purchase the car is the only option, only question is through whom AFS or Dealer.

Thanks all,

Louis
We went through the same thing last March. Your price sounds very good(about 1500 less than we paid for our 2007 last year). Our brakes were shot and we got the CPO no problem. They told me they needed replacement and I asked if it was required I do it there. They said "no problem, just wanted to let you know they needed to be done". I had them done at an indie shop for less than half what the dealer wanted. Just ask them if the rotors are below the threshold as that can save you a bunch if you can just do the pads.

Quick Reply: 08 Q7 Premium Lease Return 21k miles $30k?