Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

08 Q7 S-Line with some mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Q7 S-Line with some mods

here's my 08 Q7 S-Line 4.2:

installed Adam's Rotors & LED DRLs yesterday.

so far:

21x10" OEM Titanium Peelers
21x10" OEM RS4 S-line wheels (powder coated satin black)
H&R spacers 18mm F, 30mm R
AR Track rotors w/Posi pads
lowering links
LED DRL w/turn signals
6000K Xenon bulbs, PIAA ion yellow fogs
gloss black front plate delete panel

up next: euro e-codes, facelifted black S-line grille + rear valence, Remus exhaust, powder coat all trim + roof rails/running boards to match Audi Ti finish... then maybe a set of 22x12 custom forged wheels.

one problem I ran into was swapping out DRL bulb in headlight to LED. Went with these 10W 1156 50-SMD Error Free LED http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Error-Free-10W-White-1156-7506-P21W-67-5008-50-SMD-LED-Backup-Light-Bulbs-F3-/230853921097?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35bff74949&vxp=mtr but bulbs burned out in a couple of days, got replacement and same thing happened. Plugged stock halogens back in and they work fine. Any ideas on what might be the issue? any recommendations on 1156 bulbs that work?

Last edited by 10 Bulls; 05-06-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looks awesome!! About to do the same exact thing.... Need to paint the calipers first then upgrade to Adams rotors!

Question .., hows was the upgrade for the turn signals?

Henry
Old 05-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

thanks! got the DRLs from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Superb-Original-Size-Replacement-to-Daylight-DRL-with-Turn-Signal-for-Audi-Q7-/121090880181?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c319432b5&vxp=mtr
Originally was going to order the OEM V12 DRL, but they retail for around $1500 + $270 adapter harness. Actually only paid $378 shipped for these, so saved a bunch of money from going with OEM. These DRLs are 100% plug n play no errors and are OEM quality in my opinion. Even fit right in perfectly with no modifications on my pre-facelifted Q7 S-line. What really sold me, other than cost, is the fact that they have built-in LED turn signals as well! I believe the OEM V12 DRL do not have signal function & OEM post-facelifted LED signals do not have DRL function, so these were the best of both worlds. 100% satisfied with purchase.

Last edited by 10 Bulls; 05-05-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by henryt111
Question .., hows was the upgrade for the turn signals?
Was wondering the same thing - how have you done the front turn signals now that you have the LED DRLs?

Edit: Nevermind, you replied above before I realised
Old 05-06-2013, 05:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Turn Signals -

Nice! ... I saw these on EBay as well... Good to hear they are
working out, so in order to have the DRL I would assume the plug for the DRL bulb to plugged into this unit as well as the turn signal plug....therefore provided both functions?

Also does the DRL extinguish (go out) with the turn indicator
is active?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by 10 Bulls
thanks! got the DRLs from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Superb-Origi...9432b5&vxp=mtr

Originally was going to order the OEM V12 DRL, but they retail for around $1500 + $270 adapter harness. Actually only paid $378 shipped for these, so saved a bunch of money from going with OEM. These DRLs are 100% plug n play no errors and are OEM quality in my opinion. Even fit right in perfectly with no modifications on my pre-facelifted Q7 S-line. What really sold me, other than cost, is the fact that they have built-in LED turn signals as well! I believe the OEM V12 DRL do not have signal function & OEM post-facelifted LED signals do not have DRL function, so these were the best of both worlds. 100% satisfied with purchase.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks! got the DRLs from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Superb-Origi...9432b5&vxp=mtr

They are selling these for $481
Old 05-06-2013, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow looks great. First time seeing those LED signals also, look like a great option for the pre facelift since the stocks are a turn signal.

Are the LEDs on all the time? or only when you have the parking lights on? Great to hear they are plug and play.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Also .... Would love to see them in action as well!

Some pics or a video when you have a chance....

Thanks again !

Old 05-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Nice! ... I saw these on EBay as well... Good to hear they are
working out, so in order to have the DRL I would assume the plug for the DRL bulb to plugged into this unit as well as the turn signal plug....therefore provided both functions?

Also does the DRL extinguish (go out) with the turn indicator
is active?

Thanks!

yes, there are connections for both the parking light & turn signal. there is 1 white LED + 1 Amber LED in each square. white stays on when signal is activated.

Originally Posted by iNfiNkC
wow looks great. First time seeing those LED signals also, look like a great option for the pre facelift since the stocks are a turn signal.

Are the LEDs on all the time? or only when you have the parking lights on? Great to hear they are plug and play.

LEDs come on when parking light is activated and when headlights are on. If in auto mode, only DRL bulb in headlight will be on. Was going to wire it to DRL line but love how they look with headlights on at night so leaving as is for now.

Also .... Would love to see them in action as well!

Some pics or a video when you have a chance....

Thanks again !

LEDs are actually pretty difficult to get accurate pic of, will try to take more and post...

Last edited by 10 Bulls; 05-06-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

I noticed on the e-bay description for these light that they mention "Simply controller directly connected battery positive and negative." Are the ballasts conected to the battery?

yes, there are connections for both the parking light & turn signal. there is 1 white LED + 1 Amber LED in each square. white stays on when signal is activated.

LEDs come on when parking light is activated and when headlights are on. If in auto mode, only DRL bulb in headlight will be on. Was going to wire it to DRL line but love how they look with headlights on at night so leaving as is for now.

LEDs are actually pretty difficult to get accurate pic of, will try to take more and post...

Quick Reply: 08 Q7 S-Line with some mods