Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 10 Bulls
here's my inspiration:

That's a BEAST !!!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

these are not OEM but designed specifically for pre-facelifted Q7's. From my research, and I might be wrong, the OEM EU V12 DRL bumper lights do not have a signal function and the 2010+ LED bumper signal lights do not have DRL function so this aftermarket option is the best of both worlds at a fraction of the cost. Lights come with separate ballasts which plug directly into factory harnesses (1 for parking bulb, 1 for signal bulb) where old bumper lights go. Perfect fit for 07-09 S-line bumper with no modification needed. GOOD PRODUCT.

check post #9 for details on how bumper lights function...
Ahh now that you mention it, I seen a 2012 Q7 on Saturday and it had the LED's in the headlights on but none down by the grill. I actually think they look better down by the grill although the headlight ones are nice

I'll def have to get these but wire the ballast box to the DRL connection in the headlight so they are always on. I'm currently winning a set on German ebay but I'm not sure they are the same as the ones from HK because there are no ballast boxes and he says additional wiring is needed

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2909115280...84.m1426.l2649
Old 05-08-2013, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

So just to be sure I understand all of this. All you need to do is unscrew the original signal/parking housing, and screw these ones in, right ??

Also, are these for 2007-2009 S-line model only ?? I have the 2009 S-line bumper so want to be sure these fit.

As for the connectors, you say the stock harness in the bumper. When I remove the original light, will I find both the DRL connector as well as the signal connector attached to this original light ?? In other words, the connectors are easily accessible without having to dig around in the engine compartment or remove the bumper or lie underneath the truck.

And last thing, where do you mount the ballast ?? Do they need to be tucked away somewhere safe to avoid water ??

No, just plugs right into stock harness in bumper where original signal/parking lights are. Easy plug n play.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

And one more question. I see that there are 2 mounting holes on this light. Can you access the 2 screws to do the swap from directly below, thru the next open vent below it?? Trying to figure out where those screws are located.

Originally Posted by neilsakaitis
So just to be sure I understand all of this. All you need to do is unscrew the original signal/parking housing, and screw these ones in, right ??

Also, are these for 2007-2009 S-line model only ?? I have the 2009 S-line bumper so want to be sure these fit.

As for the connectors, you say the stock harness in the bumper. When I remove the original light, will I find both the DRL connector as well as the signal connector attached to this original light ?? In other words, the connectors are easily accessible without having to dig around in the engine compartment or remove the bumper or lie underneath the truck.

And last thing, where do you mount the ballast ?? Do they need to be tucked away somewhere safe to avoid water ??
Old 05-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by scottr13
Ahh now that you mention it, I seen a 2012 Q7 on Saturday and it had the LED's in the headlights on but none down by the grill. I actually think they look better down by the grill although the headlight ones are nice

I'll def have to get these but wire the ballast box to the DRL connection in the headlight so they are always on. I'm currently winning a set on German ebay but I'm not sure they are the same as the ones from HK because there are no ballast boxes and he says additional wiring is needed

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2909115280...84.m1426.l2649
Those are OEM LED signal lights for facelifted 2010+ Q7. You will need to buy a separate Audi harness/ballast (runs about $270) for them to work on prefacelift Q and there is no DRL function, only amber signal flashing. You will also need to shave part of the bumper light surround for proper fitment.

Hope that helps, don't want to see you buy something you may not want...
Old 05-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

no need to remove bumper, just need to pop off lower grilles. new lights will slide right in perfectly including screws. used double-sided velcro tape and mounted ballasts in bumper. the wires will be hanging right there once you disconnect original bumper lights. my Q was on a lift which made it a pretty easy job.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for taking the time to explain your mod to all of us. This definitely gives the 1st gen Q7 an updated look. Will definitely be doing this to my 2009.

I just hope those lights pop out and in as easy as you say it does.

One more thing, and perhaps a stupid question, so forgive me. Why the ballasts. I can understand if these were high intensity xenon bulbs, but they are low voltage LEDs, and odds are already work off of 12V, so confused why a ballast is needed.

Thanks so much, really appreciate it !!
Old 05-09-2013, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

My guess is the ballasts are needed so you do not throw a code of a " burt out Light" on the Q7. Normal light bulba are a heavier load, so most likly the ballasts are load resistors.
Thanks for taking the time to explain your mod to all of us. This definitely gives the 1st gen Q7 an updated look. Will definitely be doing this to my 2009.

I just hope those lights pop out and in as easy as you say it does.

One more thing, and perhaps a stupid question, so forgive me. Why the ballasts. I can understand if these were high intensity xenon bulbs, but they are low voltage LEDs, and odds are already work off of 12V, so confused why a ballast is needed.

Thanks so much, really appreciate it !!
Old 05-09-2013, 06:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Those are OEM LED signal lights for facelifted 2010+ Q7. You will need to buy a separate Audi harness/ballast (runs about $270) for them to work on prefacelift Q and there is no DRL function, only amber signal flashing. You will also need to shave part of the bumper light surround for proper fitment.

Hope that helps, don't want to see you buy something you may not want...
Thanks for pointing that out, I'll cancel my bid on those

Would you say the ones below are the same?, they are cheaper than the ones you bought but are still from HK

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Daytime...item565422cdfa

I was just going to buy the same ones you posted up to be safe but they do look pretty similar
Old 05-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by arp2nr
My guess is the ballasts are needed so you do not throw a code of a " burt out Light" on the Q7. Normal light bulba are a heavier load, so most likly the ballasts are load resistors.
this is correct

Quick Reply: 08 Q7 S-Line with some mods