Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

14’ Q7 Air Suspension 02645 & 01577 codes solved.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 568 Likes on 450 Posts

yoinks, well I guess be glad it worked.. I hadda use a space saver once on my RS6 and let me tell you an 8yr old space saver is a gamble, I did not go over 60mph and hadda go 300 miles to town, very stressful.. I fear for our members here with 15yro spares in the back that never even tried inflating it.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 100 Likes on 74 Posts

Agreed, I googled it to see how often this seems to happen; and while I didn't find my problem mentioned, apparently the beads not sealing and the tire never filling up, is very common. Wow you did 300 miles!! On a space saver one like this? Jesus, I was also looking that up and apparently this one is rated for 50 miles and up to 50 mph. I only had to use it for about 20 miles, and I was rolling about 45-50, more so to see what it does at higher speeds. I wish I would have taken some pictures of it on the Q7. It looked hysterical!
Old 07-01-2020, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 568 Likes on 450 Posts

yeah got a flat in the middle of the night almost half way home from Wichita, KS.. a Drug Dog HiPo pulled over and gave me cherries and berries to get the trucks to change lanes, I hadda back off the widowmaker every time the trucks went by as I was certain it was gonna fall with as much as the car would sway... My trunk was full of ammo and a gun I got on Black Friday and I hadda unload it all infront of the HiPo.. thank god I had I had my Puppy sitting in my wife's lap, the presence of another dog meant he couldn't bring out his weed snitch on my colorado ***, which woulda ended much worse.

The following users liked this post:
Pothole5000 (07-01-2020)
Old 07-02-2020, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by dreadlocks
yeah got a flat in the middle of the night almost half way home from Wichita, KS.. a Drug Dog HiPo pulled over and gave me cherries and berries to get the trucks to change lanes, I hadda back off the widowmaker every time the trucks went by as I was certain it was gonna fall with as much as the car would sway... My trunk was full of ammo and a gun I got on Black Friday and I hadda unload it all infront of the HiPo.. thank god I had I had my Puppy sitting in my wife's lap, the presence of another dog meant he couldn't bring out his weed snitch on my colorado ***, which woulda ended much worse.
Cracking up reading that. Thanks for the laugh.
Old 02-05-2022, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Built4Sin
Correct, that code triggering is normal; especially if driving around in dynamic (which I do).

The valve block was checked and found fine (for now). At 125k miles, the pump was only outputting 10BAR, instead of the 12BAR (I believe it’s psi can’t remember the reading from VCDS off the top of my head). I have the old pump, figured I’d rebuild it for a spare.

I’ll update the thread if anything abnormal comes next.
Originally Posted by Built4Sin
Popped a few suspension codes (02645 & 01577) over the last few weeks and doing some research I came to the conclusion it was my air compressor, running a bit weak in output (confirmed with VCDS).

Symptoms were after driving for a few minutes the yellow air suspension symbol would start flashing yellow (triggers when moving), followed by the TPMS light triggering and then staying lit. From there I would lose the ability to move the suspension anywhere but down from the current level. (Options gray out)

I then set the Q7 in in lift mode, set the tire change setting to lock the suspension and left it overnight. Next morning I checked to see if I had a low corner and thankfully it didn’t!

So it looked like I had an issue with the suspension maintaining pressure for its dynamic driving abilities. (Adjusting for road conditions)

First I changed the air compressor relay (4H0951252A), there is an new relay called for, that is built to better handle the voltage. It’s not too hard to reach, just remove the underside of the driver side dash and then the lower kneeboard. From there it’s in the upper right side, it’s a pain to reach one of the two clips that holds the relay tray in place, but it’s easy enough to accomplish with patience.

Unfortunately, no change.

Next step is the compressor. Just moving to AZ I don’t have access to my tools and all that Jazz, so I called up AZ Euros and had them change out the unit with a new one. The valve block connected to the air compressor was bench checked and found fine.

Bingo, good to go.

If you’re in Arizona I’d highly recommend these guys. They work with a lot of Q7s and do quality work. I also had them change out my Oil filter housing/ thermostat (059115389P), I found an intermittent code stored during VCDS scans during all of this about operating temperature not being met.
Hi mate
Actually I had the same issue with my Q7 the air suspension system light is flashing...I changed the valve block No change unfortunately..but after changing the valve the mechanic scanned the car he said the rear left shock absorber needs changed which I already done that afew days ago with second hand one but also no change with the lights still flashing after start driving in few minutes...after saw this comment I put the car on the lift mode last night and came this morning to see the rear left corner is law ...so any advice what to do please?
Old 02-05-2022, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

You’re going to have to scan the Q and see what codes are triggering the suspension light.

Sounds like your just changing parts and that’s going to get expensive (as you’re finding out).

Get a hold of VCDS and scan the compressor to see how much pressure its producing and then the valve's to see which could be getting stuck.
Old 02-05-2022, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi
thank you so much for you reply really appreciated ...please see the photos of the code ..thanks again
Old 02-05-2022, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

I changed the suspension pump itself and it cured my issue.

I’m at 138k now and even in 22degree weather, not a single issue.

Might want to run a compressor pressure test to see what bar the pump able to push out. Mine was low.

Just noticed you have a sagging corner. That could be a valve leak on that bag. It could be either the valve itself or the o-rings on the air spring.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vw-seal-ring-genuine-vw-n91095601

https://youtu.be/C3aQVq8zwLU

Last edited by Built4Sin; 02-05-2022 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-05-2022, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you so much indeed for your help ...
Old 06-20-2023, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Quick Question re: Compressor/Valve Block Replacement

Originally Posted by dreadlocks
Q1: If you change the pump you must change the relay, most places wont warranty the pump if you dont also replace the relay.. If that relay fails its gonna surely kill the pump.
I figured if I ever need a new pump I'll buy it from FCPEuro and take advantage of their no hassle lifetime warranty since I plan on keeping this vehicle a very, very long time..

Q2: Valve Block is cheaper, might start with that and if no go then move onto the compressor.. its either the compressor or the valve block, but if I had to put a new compressor in I'd want a new valve block too since that covers most of the mechanics of the air suspension.
Hi Dreadlocks,

I was reading your post above and you suggest replacing the Valve Block along with the Compressor. I was getting the blinking yellow light/TPMS error and VCDS showed 02645 and over-heat codes. I just replaced the Compressor with a WABCO 4154033050 and everything is working perfectly now, though I am getting different fl and fr height readings on VCDS (even though when I take actual measurements they seem to be fine...). Anyway, I purchased a VB-3470 Valve Block from RockAuto and just received it. Given that the system seems to be working fine, should I still replace the old Valve Block with the new one or just save myself a few hundred bucks? I'm on the fence. I did the bagpipingandy repair to no avail. I also took apart the old Compressor and the desiccant was well past its expiration (though I didn't do that repair). This is my first foray into Audi "air suspension", but I'm reading that the Valve Blocks are extremely robust and not prone to failure. I don't want to be penny-wise and damage the new Compressor if an old Valve Block could damage it. My car is a 2015 Q7 (with the V12 TDI bumper/fender modifications). You clearly have a wealth of knowledge in these and other Audi-related matters, so any thoughts you could give me here would be greatly appreciated!!

Quick Reply: 14’ Q7 Air Suspension 02645 & 01577 codes solved.