Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2007 BUG Injector Leak - anyone have the workshop manual please?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2024, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 BUG Injector Leak - anyone have the workshop manual please?

Hi Folks,

I've got usual leak from the injectors and I am about to do the job so I bought the manual on eBay only to find that despite the seller saying it included the injectors , it has the exploded diagram but it doesn't have the torque settings for the injector tensioner nuts.
My manual says see section 23 but it doesn't have section 23! I have only got 00, 10, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21 and 26 in this manual - which is weird and a PITA!

Does anyone here have the actual manual for the BUG engine from 2007? If so I could greatly appreciate if you could link it to me!
Or if someone has access, I need the torque setting for the N90446502 nut that holds down the injector tensioner plate.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me find this!

Old 06-06-2024, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 775 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral
Hi Folks,

I've got usual leak from the injectors and I am about to do the job so I bought the manual on eBay only to find that despite the seller saying it included the injectors , it has the exploded diagram but it doesn't have the torque settings for the injector tensioner nuts.
My manual says see section 23 but it doesn't have section 23! I have only got 00, 10, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21 and 26 in this manual - which is weird and a PITA!

Does anyone here have the actual manual for the BUG engine from 2007? If so I could greatly appreciate if you could link it to me!
Or if someone has access, I need the torque setting for the N90446502 nut that holds down the injector tensioner plate.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me find this!
The torque value for those hold-down nuts (two nuts per injector tensioner plate) is actually quite low, so be sure you use a decent torque wrench. I've got a 2010 3.0 TDI CATA motor, which uses the same style tensioner plate, and I was shocked how low the torque value is, but then it doesn't require much torque to secure the leverage plate/retainer plate with two nuts. The later models with Gen 2 TDI motor use a revised, single bolt setup...a stretch bolt... and has vastly different torque requirements (in case anyone with 2013-2015 TDI 3.0 in North America is scanning this thread; the following info does not apply to your TDI )

Here is what I find specific to your BUG TDI engine in my downloaded 2007 - 2015 4L Q7 mechanic's manual:

#9 and #13 are the two bolts in question...sorry, I couldn't get the diagram to transfer over. Basically it's saying in shorthand that those two hold-down nuts should be replaced, and that they are in an oiled environment and should NOT be degreased when installing them, and the torque value is 23 NM, which roughly corresponds to the approx 16-17 ft/lbs I've seen on several threads on this topic for the North American market torque values, etc. Definitely use a torque wrench and I found it best to start on a lower torque setting if you aren't familiar with how the torque wrench feels at such a low torque setting, etc. An electronic torque wrench with a readout/alarm is ideal for this tasking.

9 - Bolt ❑ Tightening torque ⇒ Rep. gr. 23
13 - Bolt ❑ Tightening torque ⇒ Rep. gr. 23
14 - Clamping piece ❑ Must be renewed if injector is renewed
15 - Injector ❑ Observe rules for cleanliness ⇒ page 5 ❑ Removing and installing ⇒ Rep. gr. 23 ❑ When an injector is renewed, also renew the high-pressure pipe and clamping piece at the same time
16 - O-ring ❑ Renew
17 - Copper seal ❑ Renew

FWIW, I also replaced the small o-rings that sit on the fuel return fitting on top of each injector when I did this service.

Last edited by '10Q7TDI_Prestige'; 06-06-2024 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-24-2024, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for that response - Rep Gr 23 isn't a torque setting, it means that the information is in repair group 23, i.e. section 23 of the Audi Workshop manual. That's the bit I was missing.

For anyone finding this thread, the correct Torque setting for the injector hold down nuts on a BUG engine is 9NM (the same engine on the VW Touareg is 10NM in case someone needs that).

I still need the full workshop manual if anyone has it?
Old 06-24-2024, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 775 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral
Thanks for that response

I still need the full workshop manual if anyone has it?
You can get the full manual online for cheap; you just download it and then it is searchable (control F, etc) to make using it easier.
Here's one site and there are others if you search online:
https://www.emanualonline.com/cars/a...mo-469637.html
Old Today, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yeah, I already bought repair manual and it's not complete! It's missing several sections, including the one I need.
Got a refund, bought from a different place and same thing - missing the same sections.
I expected someone to have a pdf copy of the complete manual and be able to share here.