Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2010 MMI

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 MMI

Hi all...new to forum and first post. Buying a 2010 Q7 TDI Premium Plus. Was expecting the new 3G MMI w/ 3d graphics, new interfaces/joystick, traffic/weather etc. As of a couple days ago so was my dealer/sales guy. He called me yesterday to tell me "newsflash: they're now not updating the MMI/NAV in the Q7 til 2013." Anyone else heard this or able to validate it? Seems pretty late in the game to be changing course on that and also weird since the new MMI/NAV is already in the Q5. Anyway, interested in anything anyone knows about this. Thanks!
Old 07-28-2009, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well, I have an 09 TDI so it makes me happy as mine is still current. Sorry for my view.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check this out..this is from the www.audi.ca website.

MMI navigation plus
The optional MMI navigation plus with its 3D map display provides access to the various integrated audio sources like the hard drive, DVD drive (audio/video), two SD card readers (MP3 and WMA files) and AUX-IN. Your directory with up to 2,000 entries can now also be managed extremely easily.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check out the article posted here last year. Found it by searching BMW of all things. I remembered commenting at that time:-)
Fortitude link in thread

Last edited by Jusforfun; 07-29-2009 at 03:23 AM. Reason: edit link
Old 07-29-2009, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'd like to hear the answer to the question...

Mike
Old 07-29-2009, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well now that I've read that article and heard all the details about the great new functionality in the 3G MMI, I'm even more bummed that they've made a late inning decision not to put it in the 2010 Q7! Still would like to hear from someone who knows for sure that/why they made this decision.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default AudiUSA customer service

Originally Posted by JoshRQ7TDI
Well now that I've read that article and heard all the details about the great new functionality in the 3G MMI, I'm even more bummed that they've made a late inning decision not to put it in the 2010 Q7! Still would like to hear from someone who knows for sure that/why they made this decision.

Call audi USA and complain about the 3G MMI issue, and see what they say
Old 07-29-2009, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

As far as I know it's still the 3G MMI coming on the MY10 Q7. I've heard or seen nothing that contradicts that.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

I hadn't heard anything different from that either until my dealer called me two days ago with the news. It seemed pretty odd to me, but he said something about how they decided to wait til 2013 (which seems VERY distant) b/c that's when next significant body update will happen and it simplified some implementation issues. It all sounded very vague, but he was talking like the change in plans was fact, and I can't really see any reason he would make it up unless some of the earliest built 2010s got the older MMI and he doesn't want me to back off buying this particular car, but that seems unlikely since obviously I would find out.

I did call Audi USA today and a very nice support guy said he thought it was the 3G too but would confirm for certain and call me back...haven't heard back yet...will post what I hear when I hear.

Please do let me/us know if you are able to get any reliable confirmation one way or the other.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default This is from AudiUSA website

Originally Posted by JoshRQ7TDI

"New MMI navigation system – third generation MMI shows latest evolution of 3D navigation, joystick control for navigation map destination finding, updated graphical clarity, SIRIUS artist/title preview, SIRIUS traffic-based navigation, voice-based destination input control, and voice inputs such as “I’m hungry,” “I need money,” “I need gas” and “I need coffee” that will point to closest options within current vicinity"

See link

http://www.audiusanews.com/newsrelea...id=1278&mid=15

Quick Reply: 2010 MMI