Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2010 Q7 3.0 TDI - AdBlue NOT Topped Off at Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Railflyer
Was shown the tool that tops the full lower tank. The user level jugs will not fill main tank. The audi service connector goes further in from what I saw and bypasses top tank. So only Audi can fill the main tank. I had an adblue message a year ago after my first service and was one of the first in the US to hit the problem of the system needing reset even if full. I watched them drain and refill, it is different than the bottles you buy over the parts counter.

You could be right. However, that 2.5 gallons I added to the system went somewhere.

I was advised by one dealer's service manager that they will often use an empty 1/2 gallon AdBlue bottle with the bottom cut out as an "adapter" to fill the AdBlue system from the 2.5 gallon jugs.

YMMV.

Last edited by DUTCH VanAtlanta; 06-28-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Dealer Response

Here's the dealer Service Manager's response:

They are not filled at time of sale; per Audi we add 2.5 gallons when performing the pre-delivery inspection and set up, this is done when the vehicles come off the truck. The first full fill is at the 5,000 mile service.
Of course. At 5,000 miles the customer will have to pay for it.

Last edited by DUTCH VanAtlanta; 06-28-2010 at 04:42 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta
Of course. At 5,000 miles the customer will have to pay for it.
I don't fully understand your dealer's response. Does that mean the car only has 2.5 gallons in it? That would seem really low. I think this is less of an issue now as most Q7 owners will have purchased Audicare which is a good deal. This will become more of an issue as all those Audicare plans run out and owners either have to throw down the cash or figure out how to do it themselves. I am all for doing this type of maintenance and am glad for this thread.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

No Dutch, the 5000 mile service is free on all new Audi cars. So you wont pay for the AdBlue fill at 5k.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Railflyer
No Dutch, the 5000 mile service is free on all new Audi cars. So you wont pay for the AdBlue fill at 5k.
Really? Another "bad" from this dealer. I was never advised of this.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yep Dutch, read your paperwork. It says first 5000 mile service free if done within the first 12 months of purchase.

I think this link will take you to the Q&A answer. All 2007 and newer Audis include this:

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/t...ice_parts.html

Last edited by Railflyer; 06-28-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta
Really? Another "bad" from this dealer. I was never advised of this.
I wasn't going to harsh on your dealer but I have to imagine mine would have handled the whole situation more to my satisfaction and just topped up the AdBlue.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by kristatos
I wasn't going to harsh on your dealer but I have to imagine mine would have handled the whole situation more to my satisfaction and just topped up the AdBlue.
I'll be harsh on them. They can't even get my title and license tag paperwork done in a timely manner. In two days I'll be illegal on the highway with an expired dealer driveout tag.

They had my payment check cleared through the bank on the very next day after delivery, but they can't seem to properly finish the paperwork in a month. They're part of a large automotive dealer group, which is probably the root cause of the problems.

Last edited by DUTCH VanAtlanta; 06-28-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just had my 25K service done last week. I have not had the Adblue run out before my service for the 0 to 5k, the 5k to 15k or the 15k to 25k. The adblue message did come up for this last 10k mile stint though. The dealer replaced some part that might leak adBlue. If interested, I can post the software update and the parts that were replaced, under warranty, because they might fail.

DUTCH VanAtlanta, do you have options for what Audi dealer you go to? Sounds like you might need to consider a different vendor.

Railflyer, How many miles on your Q7? Did the dealer update software and replace parts for you too?
Old 06-30-2010, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

wabisabi, 13k on it right now. But it isn't being driven much right now. About 50 miles a month by the wife while I am deployed to Iraq.

When you say update software do you mean reset the adblue level? As far as parts I dont think so. This happened last August of 2009. I took it in for its 5k service. A week later the adblue message came on saying I had 1500 miles until it was empty. I took it back to dealer in Austin, TX and they emptied the tank and found out that it was indeed full. After a few hours and calling tech line they decided to reset the message which fixed it.

Is there a new flash for the TDI's right now? When I get back I will be doing the 15k service within a month or two and should get caught up then.

Anyone know of any other TSB's on the 09 TDI's?

Quick Reply: 2010 Q7 3.0 TDI - AdBlue NOT Topped Off at Delivery