Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2011 Body Side Moulding and Interior Color

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Body Side Moulding and Interior Color

I have two questions:

1-The color of the side mouldings. We plan to order a 2011 Q7. My wife is adament that she have color matched body side mouldings.

It is pretty clear from the order sheet that a TDI Premium comes with 'full paint finish'.

On the 3.0, it seems to be an option if you order the premium plus. The 3.0 S-line Prestige package states that you get the 'S-Line exterior'. In past models ordering the S-line option meant that you received color matched side moldings but I want to be absolutely sure...if you order a 3.0 S-line Prestige, do you get full body color panels?

2-Interior. Since we are interested in the S-line Prestige...in the past the only interior color you could get with the S-line option was Black. I also believe that the only headliner option was black. My wife doesn't want either. Now that the S-line and Prestige options have been merged for the gas models, it looks like you can order an Ibis White 3.0 S-line with espresso interior and NOT order the s-line interior option which adds the black headliner. To me this means that you'd get the limestone headliner.

It may be simpler (and more environmentally friendly) to go with the TDI but she (and I) really like the s-line 19" wheels and it doesn't look like you can get those wheels on the TDI unless we order the s-line option which forces you into a black/black interior.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll take a shot at this, anyone care to clarify if I miss something:

Originally Posted by gsantoro
I have two questions:

1-The color of the side mouldings. We plan to order a 2011 Q7. My wife is adament that she have color matched body side mouldings.

It is pretty clear from the order sheet that a TDI Premium comes with 'full paint finish'.

On the 3.0, it seems to be an option if you order the premium plus. The 3.0 S-line Prestige package states that you get the 'S-Line exterior'. In past models ordering the S-line option meant that you received color matched side moldings but I want to be absolutely sure...if you order a 3.0 S-line Prestige, do you get full body color panels?
S-Line package is single color body and of course revised front and rear bumpers. For 2011, it also gets "Supercharged" badges on the front fenders.

Originally Posted by gsantoro
2-Interior. Since we are interested in the S-line Prestige...in the past the only interior color you could get with the S-line option was Black. I also believe that the only headliner option was black. My wife doesn't want either. Now that the S-line and Prestige options have been merged for the gas models, it looks like you can order an Ibis White 3.0 S-line with espresso interior and NOT order the s-line interior option which adds the black headliner. To me this means that you'd get the limestone headliner.

It may be simpler (and more environmentally friendly) to go with the TDI but she (and I) really like the s-line 19" wheels and it doesn't look like you can get those wheels on the TDI unless we order the s-line option which forces you into a black/black interior.

Any help would be appreciated.
Correct, you can get S-Line Prestige with any color combo that is offered - BUT...

If you want the S-Line interior appointments, like the 3-spoke paddle shifter steering and the S-Line shifter handle, and brushed aluminum inlays - you have to get the S-Line interior package which is black only. Mugello Blue and Daytona Grey are exclusive to S-Line Prestige model AND the S-Line interior upgrade, so black only for those 2 colors.

In short, you can get an Ibis w/espresso S-Line Prestige - but it will have the "regular" Q7 interior appointments.

Not familiar with the TDI color combos and options as I am sticking with a 3.0T, but the gas S-Line Package comes with 5 spoke 20 inch wheels, that is what you meant correct? Not 19? They are one of the better looking wheels on the Q, I also like the 19 inch 5 Arm V wheel.

Last edited by Aggie88; 07-05-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great...thanks for the reply. I think you are right about the 5 spoke wheels. The TDI comes with the 19" 5 spokes and the S-line upgrades them to the 20" 5 spoke - which I agree is a better look.